Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24TAS-Reference photos needed.

Hi,
    I have recently bought a 24TAS in bits and was hoping someone may be able to post a picture or two to help. The foot rests have been modified and it would be helpful to have a close up to see what the original should have been - brake lever also. The modification is a sub-frame to move them much further forward to help road riding out of interest.
    Not too sure yet how far I will go with it - full restore or put together as is, I am not a big rider but enjoy the tinkering and thought it would look good next to my pathfinder.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

24TAS Pics.

Hi Charlie,

I know it's not specifically what you're after, but here's a pic I have of a 20TA in standard trim if it's of any use, which will be similar.

I'll see what I else I can find for you.

Brian.
    Attached Files

Comment

Footrest help

My 59 Scottish 24TAS had incorrect footrests but I got these easily through being a member and getting the list of other members who can help with remanufactured parts. Without membership I would never have never known about these people or the availability of parts. The standard footrests that I obtained are perfect for road work having done the long distance march hare road trial on the bike in 2010. These std footrests are fixed so old fashioned by today's standards.

Comment

Footrest help

Originally posted by 249XUU View Post
        My 59 Scottish 24TAS had incorrect footrests but I got these easily through being a member and getting the list of other members who can help with remanufactured parts. Without membership I would never have never known about these people or the availability of parts. The standard footrests that I obtained are perfect for road work having done the long distance march hare road trial on the bike in 2010. These std footrests are fixed so old fashioned by today's standards.
        Bit confused here 249XUU, you say you got a list of members who can help with re manufactured parts but I note you are still only a basic member so I wonder how you achieved that. Maybe its time you did the decent thing & joined the club after precuring so much info & help from paid up members.
        By the way I am still waiting for a replacement of the woodruff key I sent you!!
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 05/05/2012, 10:57 PM. Reason: Title added

Comment

Sub-frame

I have the sub-frame off the bike now - it is in bits in a small box awaiting cleaning & powder coating, it's amazing how small they brake down compared to a normal frame!. I will try and post a picture so my question is a bit more clear but thanks for the comment so far.
          Charlie.

Comment

heh John. I haven't forgotten the kind favour of woodruff key. In fact I can let you have it back when I get along to the ride out on 17th as the Yamaha one I placed in there as temp measure holds good. My membership lapsed since our youngster came into the world 2 years ago. i Simply don't have time to justify membership as I barely have time to ride my bike let alone read Leading Link but this will change early next year when things will get a little easier on the domestic front. Without membership I simply would not have been able to finish my Greeves and I have NEVER forgotten that so just bare with me and know that I am a passionate Greeves fan who Will renew his membership next year. See you all soon, okay?. Paul Vincent.

Comment

Working...
            X