No announcement yet.

2 more Greeves Gals for the Johnson's:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 more Greeves Gals for the Johnson's:)

Hey all!

Soo have ya wondered why Rambeling Tammy had fallen quiet???

Well been workin a deal!

A restored all trials Wessex and a restored Pathfinder. YES, the sickness has reached inconcievable porportions!

Found these gals on the internet, living in Canada. Great gentlman whom lovingly restored them both....and needs room for more projects!

Got quite a few spares on the pathfinder. Both are strictly trials versions....the Wessex with the documented frame #, not the odd ball one my Grizzy has.

Our friend that lives in WA picked them up for us this weekend. He will meet us half way.

I hate to say this....BUT feels good to know that they are already restored and will just need some fine personal tuning! Especially since my Grizzy was well...fresh from the pond and frozen...the Ranger is still drying out, the MX3 or whatever it is..still just frame and engine...the MX5 the next closest thing to running.....Not to mention just did a welll....that's another thread, so I will go there....

It's amazing how quickly the sickness takes hold, and very stealthlike too...went from 1 Greeves in a year and a half to...I think 7 Greeves and 13 competition machines overall....yikes...FOLKS we need a CURE here in KY! Or at least a bigger shop...or a smaller shop for the "projects..or non running bikes"

I will post pictures soon...my computer doesn't like the format they are in...I am still workin on that.

Happy ridin!
    Tammy

Well, what a story! Great stuff, but regarding the Pathfinder, they were never a great Trials ride, the engine is too peaky for all but an expert to ride in sections.
    It will be great for Trail and Enduro type riding. I hope you can get the photos up soon.

Comment

Thanks Brian!

I am excited to try the Pathfinder out in the woods, maybe a bit tamer 175cc will do me more justice...I can hope.

Though Grizzy does great on the milder trails...different gear ratios I suppose...she's definitely a sweat heart...Poor Eleanor...she loads up and just doesn't do the trail riding as gracefully as ole Grizzy!

Great scott...I finally got a kick stand for her...Frank came up with one...we got it attached and shored up nicely...though she still mostly rests on her cradle stand (a very nice padded custom job Dad built for her, slides right under the cradle, has some welded pieces on either side to keep her from sliding off sideways, different ht in relation to the bash guard) ...but the kick stand will come in great for the riding...had modified a modern triangular Honda side stand....welded the threads for a HUGE plumbping piece onto the stand, then took the pipe that fit over the entire foot rest and slid it over and leaned her to the side on it....it held up nicely...just barely fit into my backpack and weighed approx 10 pounds...

Looked quite odd actually....surely not the Johnsons!

A HUGE thanks to Rob on the diagrams too, couldn't have done it without them..!!

Take care and ya'll are the best!
      RT

Comment

Working...
      X