Greeves TCS front wheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves TCS front wheel alignment

My learning curve is still in the ascendency. Working through my new acquisition I have found two problems - both wheel oriented. The front wheel does not sit in the centre of the forks. It is much closer to the right hand fork than the left hand. I have no knowledge as to whether the spacers are correct so 3 pictures attached hopefully will show the problem. Anyone profer an explanation.
    Secondly I have checked the back wheel although not removed it yet. It is nice and tight and has some very very slight movement which would suggest it needs new wheelbearings. Are these likely to be the standard 6202 bearings. Also whilst the wheel is tight in the swinging arm if I put a large screwdriver between the wheel rim and the arm and lever against each other I can get the back plate to move inwards upwards of nearly half an inch. I am guessing there is a spacer between the brake plate and the bearing - would I be correct. If so can anyone tell me what width it should.
    Attached Files

Wheel alignment

It is clear from the input I have had on my private email that the bike has the wrong spacers. A GRA member has given me the dimensions of what each side should be including the locknuts. A plus point is that I have found an old pair of renthall alloy trials bars whose internal diameter is almost identical to the wheel spindle size - may need some slight reaming. This will give me plenty material to use to get the spacers just right

Comment

Working...
    X