This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tony View Post
    The registration is FMA which whilst age related is not from Devon - Forest and Fen, I thought it would be age related from where you register it from, but it does have a caveat at the bottom of the DVLA page that states:
    Yep the DVLA just mix & match these days, using up numbers that were not originally issued due to the fact they did not get to 999 before the letter suffix changed.
    What suffix is yours E or F? Did you have to have an inspection by the DVLA agents?

Comment

F - no inspection, only took a week😀. Just sent the required bits of paper and GRA dating certificate and back it came much to my surprise and delight

Comment

1967 Anglian register

Numbers for the register 24 THSB 351

Comment

Where is 351 Tony UK or USA?

Comment

Middle of the Atlantic at the moment

due here next week

Comment

I've recently purchased one..

Mine is 24TGS244 Nov 65

Scott

Comment

Just purchased this one today

24TJSF303

68 Anglian in Los Angeles, CA, USA

Comment

Geeves Anglian

Frame No 24THSA245

Comment

24 TGS Anglian

Hi, I have recently bought #270.

Comment

24 TGS Anglian

Hi, I have recently bought 1966 24TGS # 270. Still running and in great condition., will clean and paint this winter, rebuilding engine and clutch, what to do about upgrading to electronic ignition?

Thanks Bill Stammers

Comment

Villiers Services can supply an Electrex World electronic ignition system for Villiers singles.

Check their website: www.villiersservices.co.uk
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Anglian Electronic Ignition

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the info, my concern was to keep as original as possible, magneto and points system work fine. Or to upgrade to electronic?

regards Bill Stammers

Comment

I always reckon that the best principle with any improvements to a classic vehicle is "no irreversible changes". With that proviso, it makes good sense to make classics, be they cars or motorcycles, more reliable and easier to use in present-day driving conditions.

Having said that, if the original system is working ok (and sometimes they don't!) why change it? If it ain't broke...

Plus leaving it alone saves you a couple of hundred quid - at least for now.
                            Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 01/12/2016, 06:46 AM. Reason: Clarification
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

When I got my TFS finished and running last year, after 35 years in bit, I took it out on the road a few times for a run and round the garden practicing. The ignition was standard with internal ht coil and condenser. All seemed ok.Different story when I enterd my first trial.The bike working much harder got hotter and this highlighted the weak spots in the old electrics. It would be really hard to start and would not run at low revs. I had to be towed back to the start in the end. Once cooled down it was ok again. The fix I did, (and done by riders back in the day) was to strip the ht winding from the internal mag coil and remove the internal condenser. I bought an external ignition coil and new condenser from Villiers Services and mounted them underneath the fuel tank. Power to coil fed from same connection as the points. Starts and runs no problem. If your bike has lighting coils fitted, you can get a stronger spark by wiring the lighting coil opposite the mag coil (at 9 0 clock position) in parallel with the mag coil. Total cost less than £30. Or you can get replacement internal mag coils from Villiers which are more reliable with modern materials and insulation,if you want to retain originality

Comment

As Colin say dont do any irreversible mods, best to leave lighting coils alone in case some future owner wants to fit lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X