Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAS & SAS frame/chassis differences?

Hi
    Can anyone tell me what the differences between the 24SAS and 24TAS frames/chassis are? I have a SAS but enjoy riding trials and it would be good if I could just change the engine/tyres/sprocket to do both? Or is there a subtle difference (Perhaps brake & footrest position/bracket?) that would present major difficulties?
    Thanks
    John

Originally posted by jhalfpen View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone tell me what the differences between the 24SAS and 24TAS frames/chassis are? I have a SAS but enjoy riding trials and it would be good if I could just change the engine/tyres/sprocket to do both? Or is there a subtle difference (Perhaps brake & footrest position/bracket?) that would present major difficulties?
    Thanks
    John
    The Hawkstone rear brake pedal shaft goes through the frame and the Scottish has a separate subframe with the rear brake pedal and the footrest on it.Just take off the Hawkstone rear brake pedal and footrests and replace with the Scottish subframe.It will fit.The SAS engine will be too lively .It depends on if its original

Comment

Hi
      Thanks
      John
      Has the engine got a Villiers or Amal carb? What are the cylinder and head part numbers? Most Villiers engines have been altered from original.There are other differences but it should be good enough to trial if you fit a 4"" rear tyre.

Comment

24sas

Engine has amal carb. & alloy barrel marked 'M20' on the back. Has weighted flywheel and standard ratio gearbox. I also have a spare 31A engine with wide ratio gearbox which could fit.

Comment

Engine has amal carb. & alloy barrel marked 'M20' on the back. Has weighted flywheel and standard ratio gearbox. I also have a spare 31A engine with wide ratio gearbox which could fit.
          For trials I would stick the 31A in and swop the footrests for the Scottish type which move your weight further back.

Comment

Many thanks - I'll see how it goes
            John

Comment

Working...
            X