Pathfinder queries from the States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathfinder queries from the States

A contact of mine through the Cheney Facebook group is looking to restore a Pathfinder and he needs some help with a few details, as follows.
    He needs a headlamp and tail lamp and possibly brackets, and info on the switchgear fitted. Also there seems to be a problem with the back end of the exhaust system, such that I think a bodge job has been done, because it looks like the pipe goes into a big can, but the front end cap is missing. All my pics are of the top fitting pipe system, so was there an alternative, or is this "aftermarket"?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Catt; 25/01/2012, 11:27 PM. Reason: pic added

Pathfinder project.

More of the pathfinder. It has been suggested that there were frame differences between the enduro and trials versions. Is that a correct statement? Will be looking for suggestions on lighting fixtures, seat/seat cover, and tank stickers. There is also some bodged electrical hanging under the seat that look like a condenser and a rectangular switching relay?

Last edited by dfisher; 26/01/2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dfisher View Post
      More of the pathfinder. It has been suggested that there were frame differences between the enduro and trials versions. Is that a correct statement? Will be looking for suggestions on lighting fixtures, seat/seat cover, and tank stickers. There is also some bodged electrical hanging under the seat that look like a condenser and a rectangular switching relay?

I own both a trials version and a Enduro basket case. I believe the two frames are identical, but the Enduro version has lower folding foot rest along with different location for the brake pedal pivot.

Chris would know about the fork yokes on the Enduro as they were flamed cut from the factory. My trials model has Ceriani fork yokes.

The Enduro version was fitted with a 19 inch rear rim while the Trials used the more common 18 inch.

I believe the Enduro used a very small Lucas head lamp. I have no idea about the rear taillight, but it appears the housing could have been made in house from Greeves. Maybe Rob can help on a drawing.

My only guess on the muffler, is that it was hacked off for a USA approved spark arrester.

BTW...nice handlebars!

Regards,
      Ken Sykes
      USA

Comment

Enduro Pathfinder

Here is a pic I found on the net of an Enduro Pathfinder which gives a clear shot of the exhaust muffler & rear light.

Comment

Electrical question.

The electrical was bodged by someone previously tracking and intermittent spark. Would you possibly be able to supply a photograph of the proper mounting location and comment as to which disconnected wire goes where?

Comment

The bodged electrics is the electronic ignition and best replaced by the complete Bosch unit used by Canams etc.which includes the coil. On mime the original is in a alloy tubular container. I can not take any photos as I have lent the bike to a friend as I no longer ride trials. Hint, I would swap for an enduro version!

Comment

Originally posted by dfisher View Post
              The electrical was bodged by someone previously tracking and intermittent spark. Would you possibly be able to supply a photograph of the proper mounting location and comment as to which disconnected wire goes where?

Stormer254 is correct, chuck that POS Bosch unit and use a better unit. I use an MZB from Germany for the Puch motor. They can also add a small rotor weight for it...you'll have to machine a spacer for the cover to fit though.

Kenny Sykes
              USA

Comment

Working...
              X