64 TES Speedo addition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 TES Speedo addition

I have recent purchase 64 ish TES Scottish which is not registered for the road.
    It has BHC alloy hubs but without the rear drum speedo facility.
    Will it be possible to obtain a used exchange brake back plate with the speedo gearbox tapping and also source the speedo gearbox and 14T pinion. I have the 44T drive gear installed.
    Is an alternative to make the bike road legal to fit a bike type electronic speedo.
    I intend to ride the bike on and off road and will eventually with the clubs assistance be obtaining an age related to plate to register the bike.

TES Speedo

Personally I would fit one of the cycle type speedos available from most bike shops, Halfords & the internet. Get the wired one as the wireless ones can be effected by the flywheel mag. Much cheaper & accurate than the original Smiths set up.

Comment

I have used a cheapo bike speedo on my little Honda, mainly for comparison to the original speedo. It was easy to fit and calibrate and proved my original was near enough for my purposes, so I stripped it off. I would think for most purposes, the push-bike jobby would suffice.

Comment

64 TES Speedo

Many thanks for your input gents. I will go down the bike speedo route.

Comment

Working...
        X