Tele forks yokes for trials Greeves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele forks yokes for trials Greeves?

Anybody out there know the best yokes to use on a timkin steering head greeves trials bike. Greeves had 3 different Ceriani yokes I think! I have always used rubber forks in the past but my wrists are knackered, so I am thinking of a bit more comfort and still retain the excellent steering of the old forks.,

Hi John ,

The early Cerianis came with two types of yokes , trials & Scrambles .

The legs were the same , only the yokes differed , both had the handlebars set into the yoke & clamped by "U" bolts , until Greeves made the double alloy clamp .

To identify the yokes , put a stanchion into the yokes & check by eye the stanchion to the yoke bearing column , stanchion & column paralell is trials , stanchion at an angle to the column is scramble .

As standard the rials bikes used the parallel set but some riders usde the scarambles yokes.

The third forks have "proper" handlebar clamps and were only used for scramblers & were narrower .

Whichever you want are hard to find .

Chris

Comment

Fork yokes

Hi Chris thanks for the tips. Perhaps you remember when Bill Wilkinson first got teles he visited the factory and left with a different pair of yokes!!! I think they were scrambles yokes, he gave a talk in Fort William and told this story with a glint in his eye!...John

Comment

Hi John ,

Yes , I was there But I remember the event slightly differently .

Chris

Comment

This account of the scrambles triple clamps also appeared in issue #11 of Classic Dirt Bike Magazine"

"Not knowing much about Greeves parts I asked if the Ceriani fork units were slotted into standard yokes. “No, they’re not,” chuckles Wilky, “they’re Ceriani motocross yokes which is why my bike steered and the others didn’t. The standard yokes were too steep and I quietly got a pair of these, slipped them on and never said a dickybird.
          The other lads were flopping about all over the place and wondering how I was doing what I did, I didn’t even tell our kid – brother Mick, also a Greeves team member – for months. Jim Sandiford even had special yokes made, they were no good though. Once they twigged what I’d done it was obvious and they all did it.” Bill adds that the only way to tell would be to look directly side on at the bike, if you were familiar with Greeves then it would leap out at you."

Link: http://www.classicdirtbike.co.uk/news/greeve-s-scottish

Best Wishes: Mike

Comment

Working...
          X