Interesting Anglian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Anglian

The pic below was taken at Wigginton, Herts last weekend at a Trial where the owner, Iain Philipps, was observing. He has owned it for only about 3 years, but it seems to have been found in a box at Terry Silvester's shop, and was reputed to be the last of that model built. I talked up the advantages of GRA membership to Iain, who has been a long-time Greeves enthusiast.
    Attached Files

Brian ,

Would be interested to know the frame number , possibly ex. Works .

Chris

Comment

Anglian

Brian
      If you can give me reg no I may be able to get frame number.

Comment

Brian ,

Don't put the registration on the site , John too may nasty people about .

If you know the or can get the frame number Brian send it to me in a PM .

Chris

Comment

Have just replied to John by e-mail. It was absolutely Peeing down, so I was only able to get brief details. The reg no was not complete on the mudguard, so I can't help on that score. I hope to see the bike again soon, so I'll try to get more details then. Also, I hope the owner will join us.

Comment

Very nice Anglian, it looks its configured with Betor leading axle forks in Ceriani clamps?

: Mike

Comment

Looks to be a complete bultaco sherpa front end apart from the yolks, prob mid seventies if the recessed spindle nut and castleated fork dust covers are anything to go by

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
                Brian ,

Don't put the registration on the site , John too may nasty people about .

If you know the or can get the frame number Brian send it to me in a PM .

Chris
                Chris
                Brian has now got the number & I have sent it into you by email

Comment

Brian
                  The hubs look to be Griffon, forks Ceriani however with those hubs it perhaps is a look-a-like works machine, if so, may have been fitted with REH depending on the location of the ISDT. I own the Bill Brooker/Mary Driver ISDT Anglian.
                  Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                  The pic below was taken at Wigginton, Herts last weekend at a Trial where the owner, Iain Philipps, was observing. He has owned it for only about 3 years, but it seems to have been found in a box at Terry Silvester's shop, and was reputed to be the last of that model built. I talked up the advantages of GRA membership to Iain, who has been a long-time Greeves enthusiast.

Comment

This one ?.
                    Last edited by riflegreen; 29/10/2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Yes that is the one, my photograph I supplied to Brian Catt

This one ?.

Comment

The photo I put up came from Bill Brooker , I expect there are many floating about .

Spent many hours working on that bike in the various forms it took .

Chris

Comment

Is that Chris Goodfellow not sure if I have the surname correct, you built the engine I believe. Do you have any other photographs of this machine ? The ones I have came from Mary Driver. If you do have others please let me know I would pay for a copy. Thanks
                          The photo I put up came from Bill Brooker , I expect there are many floating about .

Spent many hours working on that bike in the various forms it took .

Chris

Comment

Lawrence ,

Had a chemo day today so don't feel very bright . will look through my pics & see if I have any of the Anglian .

I'll probably see Bill Brooker during next week & I'll see if he has any .

Chris

Comment

Chris
                              Thanks for the information, I also have the TFS of Tony Davis HNO.... machine if you have anything on either, please let me know. I will reimburse any costs. Thanks again and good luck. Regards Lawrence.
                              Lawrence ,

Had a chemo day today so don't feel very bright . will look through my pics & see if I have any of the Anglian .

I'll probably see Bill Brooker during next week & I'll see if he has any .

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X