Greeves Scottish 197

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Scottish 197

Hi all ,just bought this greeves logbook says reg dec 8th 1959 but frame no says 60/ and then no.presume this is normal ,i think its pretty well original apart from the footrests but the originals came with it as did a replica rubber saddle .Its never been fully apart and from what the previous owner tells me is still on its original paint etc,last taxed 1974!.runs ok but im going to give it a good looking over before trialing it, im inclined to leave it as it is and not restore it but the wheels let it down
    Attached Files

Originally posted by bult360 View Post
    Hi all ,just bought this greeves logbook says reg dec 8th 1959 but frame no says 60/ and then no.presume this is normal ,i think its pretty well original apart from the footrests but the originals came with it as did a replica rubber saddle .Its never been fully apart and from what the previous owner tells me is still on its original paint etc,last taxed 1974!.runs ok but im going to give it a good looking over before trialing it, im inclined to leave it as it is and not restore it but the wheels let it down
    The 1960 bikes were made from approx September 1959 to August 1960 so the frame number looks correct .I dont think yours had a rubber seat originally .Otherwise it looks pretty original so keep it that way.Around that time the rear frame changed from bolted top rail to welded so I would try to get more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
      The 1960 bikes were made from approx September 1959 to August 1960 so the frame number looks correct .I dont think yours had a rubber seat originally .Otherwise it looks pretty original so keep it that way.Around that time the rear frame changed from bolted top rail to welded so I would try to get more info.
      I had a tds with the later rear subframe ie; welded rear loop etc and that had a seat like an mds scrambler, if this bike shouldnt have a rubber saddle what type should it have ? it also came with correct nose brackets for the seat and they fit the frame so maybe it is right

Comment

Should be a rubber saddle , looks agood original bike , even down to the light blue tank .

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X