Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANGLIAN MGP 365D - looking for any info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANGLIAN MGP 365D - looking for any info.

In my photo album on this site there are a couple of photos taken in 1966/7 of my now deceased brother Tony on his Greeves Anglian registration number MGP 365D. Does any one know of its history after he sold it and whether it still exists. Many thanks Keith
    Dr Keith Beach

Mgp 365d

Looks doubtful Keith as its not coming up on the DVLA web site. This means that it never got taken onto the Swansea computor circa 1979/80, & is not currently licenced or Sorned. Of course it could be in someones shed.

Comment

Thanks John
      Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Tracing an Anglian........

Keith

Did you have any idea of the frame number? It could have been re-registered or be still in use off road. Just a thought.

Phil

Comment

Phil

Unfortunately the only "paperwork" I have is these two photos which Ive posted to my album on the website, the rest is memories such as seeing him ride it in a trial in Pirbright and being a young chief spanner holder when he worked on it. It is a bit of a longshot I know but since buying my Anglian at the end of last year it suddenly came back to mind as a curiosity to pursue.

best wishes

Keith
          Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Beach View Post
            In my photo album on this site there are a couple of photos taken in 1966/7 of my now deceased brother Tony on his Greeves Anglian registration number MGP 365D. Does any one know of its history after he sold it and whether it still exists. Many thanks Keith
            Hi Keith I think I owned this machine for a while. Was your brother involved with F1 or motor racing by any chance ? When I bought the machine it was painted in Hammerite Blue. I will check my paper work and get back to you.

Comment

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for responding to my enquiry. No my brother never worked in motor racing/F1. I was quite young when he had the Greeves and I cant remember where he bought it (perhaps Comerfords or Meeten and Wards) how long he had it for and what he replaced it with. He was a member of Streatham and District Motorcycle Club when he owned it and was quite active entering trials competitions. Thank you for checking your paperwork.

best wishes

Keith
              Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Working...
              X