Anglian - number manufactured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian - number manufactured?

Recent pub conversation turned to my brother's Bultaco Model 10 and how many were manufactured. Apparently 1275. I couldnt tell him how many Anglians were manufactured. Does any one know how many Anglians were manufactured and of these how many were THSs. Anyone want to hazard a rough guess as to how many are around now - going and or in bits?

best wishes

Keith
    Dr Keith Beach

Anglians

No idea about the amount Keith. People bought the Wessex model and up rated to Anglian spec. Also there is the small matter of the number made By Richard Deal. Somewhere between 12 and 20. Good question, I guess the real answer is the despatch record for how many were made and sold in the UK. Some were also sold in the states.

Riflegreen will know.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know , I haven't got the despatch records , GRA has .

Chris

Comment

Thanks for your replies Phil and Riflegreen
        Dr Keith Beach

Comment

24THS Anglians

141 24THS Anglians were made including the variants.
          Info from the despatch records.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter thats great. Do you know approx how many Anglians in total were made ?

many thanks

Keith
            Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Total Anglians

Total Anglians of all types sold in UK as shown in the despatch record is 418.
              This does not include those exported for which there is no known UK record and it does not of course include those made in recent years by Richard Deals modern Greeves Motorcycles Company for which I have no record.

I've no data on how many survive.

Could be scope here for someone to take on the task of recording all those that do exist along the lines of John Wakefields East Coaster Register.

Peter

Comment

Great Peter - many thanks for that and Phil and Riflegreen.
                Dr Keith Beach

Comment

Working...
                X