Angilan Front Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angilan Front Hubs

I have read that the UK spec Anglians came equiped with something other than the tin hub, all I have seen on the US spec Anglians is the tin hub. Can anyone tell me what hub was used in the UK and is it possible to post a photo?

Last edited by Nemosengineer; 16/06/2011, 03:18 AM. Reason: spelling

The Carrick and Walker book says that the tin hub was fitted to the Anglian, and most pics will confirm that. BUT...the 24CS Trail bike based on the Anglian had the full-width British Hub (I think) brake fitted. I should think the full-width brake was superior to the tin one, so people who wanted to do a few enduro type events might well have converted. How many long hills do you want to go down?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      The Carrick and Walker book says that the tin hub was fitted to the Anglian, and most pics will confirm that. BUT...the 24CS Trail bike based on the Anglian had the full-width British Hub (I think) brake fitted. I should think the full-width brake was superior to the tin one, so people who wanted to do a few enduro type events might well have converted. How many long hills do you want to go down?
      Hi Brian,
      Thanks for taking the time to answer that question which was more out of curiosity than any need to upgrade the front brake. Greeves are a fascinating motorcycle to me due in part to the variation in parts and configuration in any particular model range.
      My Greeves specific book collection is lacking at the moment but I have plans to correct that condition sometime in the near future. I must say that in the short time I have been here that the GRA is the single most useful group I have ever joined, as the friends I have made and the help I have received here is making my project possible, thanks to all.

Best Wishes: Mike

Comment

anglian front hubs

My anglian Banana forked model, came with an ariel front hub I think it is from an arrow, but over i0 years of use is still on the same linnings and stops on the nose wet or dry, I was looking for a tin plate hub so to make it authentic but I think I will stick with it as it has never given a problem

Dick F

Comment

The slightly earlier Trials bikes used the full width hub, but the publicity around the Anglian launch stressed the lighter hub fitted. Challengers of the same age have the same full width one as the 24CS.
          We had a Leader back hub in our family Bantam, but had to make the torque arm work in compression, which confused the MOT man.

Comment

Ranger, TFS Trail and TFS Trials Models.

Hi Mike,

If you haven't seen this yet, for more info (and pics of hubs) about the 24CS Ranger, 24TFS Trail and 24TFS Trials models, have a look at this thread. It's more to do with speedos but I'm sure you'll find it interesting and, I hope, helpful.

Many thanks about your kind words about the GRA Mike, and it's great to have you with us!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X