Greeves Anglian Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Anglian Registration

I recently acquired a 1966 Anglian as a total rebuild project. It came with a registration No and no other details other than the frame No 24TGS249. I would like to re-use the number
    JHV 306D does anybody out there recognise it and can give me any details which would help with registration.

Anglian registration

If you look at my thread headed Registering Bikes with DVLA you should find the answer there. Presumably you have no documentation (V5, old buff log book, tax disc, MoT cert. etc) If this is the case I am afraid you will be unable to recover number as JHV 306D is an East Ham (London) series for which records have been destroyed. So you will have to settle for an age related D suffix number that will be issued from an un-issued series for the area you live. You will not have to have one of the 123 XUB type numbers.
    Druid is the club DVLA dating officer & will advise you how to proceed.
    I have checked JHV 306D and its not on the DVLA data base.

Comment

Registration

John
      many thanks for your prompt reply and you have given me another lead in the bikes history.
      I will contact 'Druid' so that I can proceed and from what you tell me at least I should be able to get a plate that is correct for date
      Many thanks
      David

Comment

David
        It may be worth a call to the DVLA just to check that they do not have a record for JHV 306D as it just might be on a 'dormant' list. We had a case a few months ago where an old original V5 came with the bike but the registration was not showing on the DVLA current listing, as the bike had not been taxed for many years. After a vist to his local DVLA office, a new V5c was issued. As I say worth the call but dont bank on it.

Comment

Greeves re-registration.

Hi David,

A few years ago, like you, I obtained 3 Greeves Trials Bikes that were not on the DVLA system. 1 had a Buff Log book, 1 had a series of Tax Discs and 1, (the one I really wanted), had a VRM painted on the mudguard and little else.
          I went to the LVLO in B'ham and had an interesting afternoon whilst 16 year old girl clerks went round in circles asking "What's a Greeves? Why hasn this got a prefix Letter? etc.," but eventually, I was sorted out with two V5's, one for the Original No as in the Buff Log Book, the next with an 'SSU' (Scottish) Age related No, and the third I was asked to get Dating Certs from the GRA. I did this, and, putting all 'Druid's papers along with my receipt from the seller, photos, and other bits of Documentary evidence from a one time Greeves Dealer in B'ham, it went off to Stoke on Trent LVLO (Yes I don't know why either!).
          They promptly 'lost' it all.......I gave up. I used the 'bike off road for a while and then stripped it for a rebuild. I've still got it, but still no V5.

The simple answer seems to be that given enough information, Documents and a DVLA staff member who had a good nights sleep, you may get your Reg'd No. Other than this its an uphill struggle.

Good Luck !

Comment

Greeves Anglian Registration

To all who helped
            many thanks to to Peter Rotherham & John Wakekefield their comments were invaluable and I beleive that I am able to keep the original.
            David

Comment

Anglian

Thanks for comments David, pleased you are able to retain the number. Best of luck with restoration.

Comment

Working...
              X