Freshened up after 40 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshened up after 40 years

I pinched the 'Greeves from my older brother many years ago, it was bought from Geoff Dodkin (Mr Velocette) who lived down the High Street in Sheen. I had sold my Thruxton (big mistake) and the Greeves was languishing down the side passage. I bought with it me to Devon over 25 years ago and used it every year. I decided to give it a 'tidy up' which turned in to an expensive idea, however I said my son can have it when I am finished so it will be in good condition for him. The non standard exhaust was on the bike in 1967 when my brother got the bike so to me it is standard and takes up less room than the traditional one. The colour is the '5003' that some one discussed on the forum, I think it is a nice blue and I am going to coat my 'grumph' the same colour when I get round to building it. The rims are stainless and the tank was dull chrome plated, the engine has had a rebore and that is about it. Time to enjoy it again
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/03/2011, 09:26 AM. Reason: Picture resized as thumbnail.

Hi tony, how good to see a bike being used regularly as it was intended & what a nice example, albeit post freshen up.
    How long did it take before your brother realised you had liberated his pride & joy?, i would imagine he wants it back now though. dave.

Comment

A long standing joke now - he lives in Trinidad and came over during the summer - he still says it is his bike - possession is 9/10 - I know he is glad it is being used and is now looking good.

Comment

Working...
      X