A nice ride out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice ride out

A nice ride out this morning before the rain returns. The desert scrambler seems at home in the wet and mud. The intermediate gears which I sourced for Geoff Nunn to fit are just perfect and the engine pulls like a train. The front could be a little softer as my head wobbles a bit compared to the soft springs I have on the Ranger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3006.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	455.2 KB
ID:	98721

Hi Ian

Fabulous. Slowly (too slowly) that's what I am trying to achieve with my Griffon.
    Please could you post a close up of the stand and how it's fitted?

Thank you
    Martin

Comment

Hi Martin - the fittings came standard on the later Griffon Enduro and desert scrambler, probably others as the same frame I imagine would have been used. I had a side
      stand fitted to my earlier 58D which did not have one. I think I might have a sidestand as well as I had a couple fabricated. I will sort out some more photos in the next couple of days

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1023.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	509.1 KB
ID:	98729

Comment

Hi Tony
        Thank you for the photo and reply. Sadly, my frame does not have those brackets for a side stand.
        And it's beautifully painted so I'm not likely to do any welding to it. I'm a long way from needing a
        stand yet. Wheels and clutch are the current "projects"
        Looks like the weather is going to be a bit better this week, might get out on a motorcycle
        Cheers
        Martin

Comment

You would not see it if you welded brackets underneath and probably more damaging to try and fit a stand elsewhere. Gary will be selling new Griffon clutches soon if your’s is worn out or you don’t have one.
          Also correct silencer

https://www.britishbikes1970.com/parts/p/l8tq28lm3hpn97gilvq935rlyeuffx?rq=silencer
          Last edited by tony; 07/05/2024, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hi Tony

Sorry for the delayed reply.... sun's out

Thank you for your advice, I am in touch with Gary about fixing my clutch and I bought one
            of your silencers via Gary some time ago.

Management says I'm on gardening duty today

Cheers
            Martin

Comment

Sounds all good then - I have been on gardening duty for the last 3 days - off for a ride on the Ranger as the sun is out

Comment

Working...
              X