Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves 1" handlebars

Hi,
    I am restoring a 1973 Cheney Triumph ISDT bike. I have been told by the owner of a similar bike that they used 1" steel handlebars. They appear to be painted steel.

Do you Greeves boys know what Greeves model they are from and where I can get a pair?

I have put a few photos on the below link using the insert image tool on the forum and I am pasting it without the tool as it does not seem to come up on the forum - just a question mark logo

I've always wanted one of those legendary Cheney off roaders with a big old fashioned Triumph...

Thanks

Sven
    Last edited by cheneyboy; 21/01/2011, 09:40 AM. Reason: link for photo does not show on forum page

Sven ,

Looks like the one that was on e-bay a short while ago , if so you got it very cheap .

The bars in the picture are standard high tensile motocross bars . I don't know who makes them now but I'm sure somebody will .

Who was the police rider of the bike ?.

Chris

Comment

Forgot to say they are silver painted because chroming high tensile steel destroys the strenghth .

Your bars the are lower rise of the two types and you could possibly get them from Frank Conley in the USA or Villiers Services here in the UK .

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
        Forgot to say they are silver painted because chroming high tensile steel destroys the strenghth .

Your bars the are lower rise of the two types and you could possibly get them from Frank Conley in the USA or Villiers Services here in the UK .

Chris
        Hi Chris,

The low rise bars are hard to come by over here... most of the USA desert riders would mount hi-rise easy rider handlebars.

Regards,
        Kenny

Comment

Hi kenny ,

I guessed the lower bars scarcer but didn't know they were that scarce .

By the way been given another three months clear until I see the Doc again .

Chris

Comment

Hi kenny ,

I guessed the lower bars scarcer but didn't know they were that scarce .

By the way been given another three months clear until I see the Doc again .

Chris

Great news Chris! J C has been giving me updates all the time.

With the one inch bars we always had to purchase 2 sets of grips...that was costly for me as a kid...had to mow a lot of lawns to pay for em!

We've had a few setbacks on this side and we're slowly getting back on track as well.

Did you see the picture I posted on BVF carb on the Scrambles forum?

Cheers!
            Kenny

Comment

Hi Kenny ,

JC has kept me upto date with the goings on your side , sorry to hear about them and hope this year comes good .

The new book " out front " has some good pics of Vic allan on the experimental Griffons but not clear ones of the footrests .

Chris

Comment

Kenny ,

Which scrambles forum has the BVF pictures on ?.

Chris

Comment

Kenny ,

Found the BVF pic , that is why we put covers round them , Amal were not very happy about us using the BVF because greeves were contracted to Amal .

If i recall JC has one of the BVF carbs .

Chris

Comment

Hi Kenny ,

JC has kept me upto date with the goings on your side , sorry to hear about them and hope this year comes good .

The new book " out front " has some good pics of Vic Allan on the experimental Griffons but not clear ones of the footrests .

Chris
                    Thank you Chris.

I just receive my copy a few days back and really enjoying the photos and read. I was delighted to see the pics of Vic on one of the prototypes. I think we have came up with a good design for the footrest. I'll post pics when completed for your approval!!

I just tore down the trans this morning...the gears are like new!

Getting ready to send pieces off to the vapor blaster.

Regards,
                    Kenny

Comment

Hi Chris. Thanks for your advice. I saw the bars on ebay but did not buy them because i did not know if they were right. The rider was dave randall who is still riding at 73. The bike was also ridden by John kelly. Its done 4 ISDTs, and a few Europan 2 days.photos are going up on the blog if you want to have a look. Cheers.sven

Sven ,

Looks like the one that was on e-bay a short while ago , if so you got it very cheap .

The bars in the picture are standard high tensile motocross bars . I don't know who makes them now but I'm sure somebody will .

Who was the police rider of the bike ?.

Chris

Comment

Hi Sven ,

I know Dave Randall , have not seen him for a long long time .

Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X