Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon 380 TP, restoration info required please

Hi.
    New to the group and to Greeves. Having got too long in the tooth for serious competition, Enduro/motocross I sold my last bike a few years back but was missing having a bike. Recently came by a Griffon 380 twin port that a neighbour had stashed away for many years and just purchased it as a restoration project and hopefully the odd race once finished. Although scruffy everything seems to be there apart from flywheel side cover. A few questions maybe someone can help me with:

Where can I source a flywheel cover?
    Frame no is 58C 234, from what I've read so far its a 69 bike? Any other info welcomed on this
    There is a speedo drive and speedometer fitted, driven from rear wheel. Looks to be a proper fit not a bodged system. Unusual for a scrambler? Was this bike originally an enduro model perhaps?
    Massively long silencer fitted, guessing not original. Can anyone shed light on this, what would it have had originally?
    Hoping I can get a bit of background on the bike before I start as I want to try and keep it as original as possible so want to know what it started life as.
    All help much appreciated
    cheers
    Simon
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi Simon - Enduro models have the letter N, NC,ND,NE I believe. The gearbox on an Enduro will be stamped GBA which is the wider ratio gears unlike the scrambler.

The ignition will be the large motoplat to provide lighting - MCH66 headlamp - speedometer SSM 5002/00A and side stand.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by tony; 30/11/2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X