Does anyone know who raced my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know who raced my bike

Hi , as you can see in my photo I have 36MX4 with the number 70 on the side plates, the bike is original and this is how the bike looked when it finished its racing, The bike was supplied by All make motors in South Australia and has this sign written on the tank, A friend of mine has every scramble program from the yearly 50's to the late 80's and we cannot find a number 70 among any of them, I'm led to believe I am the forth owner and the guy I bought the bike from could not tell me much about the history. so I guess there are two more people that should know the history of this bike if you are still with us any information would be much appreciated regards Geoff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/12/2010, 08:42 AM. Reason: Pic re-attached for Geoff.

Geoff's 36MX4.

Can anyone please help Geoff with his query? It would be really interesting to hear more about the early history of his very original (and very nice!) 36MX4 from 'down under'.

Geoff, I've taken the liberty of attaching the four pics you sent me earlier in the year (along with the more recent one) below. Hope it helps mate, and good hunting!

Brian.
    Attached Files

Comment

past masters

A friend of mine arranges a get together of famious scramblers of the fifties and 60s from all over the world here in North Devon every two years i can ask him to do a search for you. I tried to find some history of my tials bike i looked on utube i found loads of early trials and scrambles videos i did come close only a few numbers different in the reg number .

Comment

Does any know who raced my bike?

Thanks Brian and Big Geoff any information would be great. regards Geoff.
        Last edited by geoff lemar; 03/12/2010, 09:39 PM.

Comment

number 70

We have carried out a trace through Geoff Wards old records that J.S. Addiscott used number 70 for many years hope this helps .

Comment

number 70

THANKS is he a South Australian?

Comment

South Australian Greeves

I thought this machine looked familiar.

This photo was taken last year at a South Australian swap meet.
              Attached Files

Comment

South Australian Greeves

Yes that's it liked to know who raced it.

Comment

Hi all!

Not sure this will help as I know things are done very differently outside of the US.

I have been looking to find a name for our MCS...sure he wasn't a big winner, but thought it would be nice to have her (Eleanor) race history.

She has the last off road registration of 1983.

I contacted the AMA (American Motorcyle Association)--with her plate numbers that have the AMA logo for district 37 in CA with date of 1970.

Turns out AMA only keeps track of name and placement.
                  I filled out paperwork with CA motor vehicle department going back to the 80's via the computer system.

Unfortunately they have nothing on the computer.

I have to have to fill out different paperwork and pay a hefty price to have someone physicaly pull the records from prior to 1980, seems from 80 on it was all computer, but when they went to computer they did not add records prior to 1980.

Hope that all made sense and may help.

Good luck

Tammy in KY

Comment

Working...
                  X