No announcement yet.

Looking for MX6 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what this indicates, but for the record I have 24MX6B147 and 24MX6B217.

Dean Newton
    Seattle, USA

Comment

Originally posted by wfo47w View Post
      Not sure what this indicates, but for the record I have 24MX6B147 and 24MX6B217.

Dean Newton
      Seattle, USA
      Hey Dean,

The first one I believe was sold to a dealer in Idaho (24MX6B101) and he may still have it.

I have 24MX6B126 and 24MX6B276, which means we're up to 175 produced...and there are more out there.:

Kenny Sykes
      USA

Comment

Since we're on numbers, it'd be great to clarify the numbers stamped on the engine. I've got:

"CCD 306" and "9/69" stamped on one "hump", "83W" on the other and GPC3/315 stamped just underneath the cylinder head.

I'm guessing that 9/69 is build date(?) but besides that I don't know the significance (if any) of the other numbers.

Comment

24mx6157

just bought 24mx6b157 is there any info on this bike . im well aware its a us import , last of the line etc but anything specific to this frame number would be welcome .

Comment

Geevous ,

9/69 is the date the gearbox was stripped and checked at the factory , unfortunately all Albion boxes had to be checked .

83 was the clock number of the fitter that did the inspection , Dave Brown , the manager of the engine building shop .

CCD was the Albion gearbox designation Cam Change , model D .

Number under the barrel is the engine number .

So the bike was built in the 9th/10th week of 1969 .

Other numbers on gearboxes are 107 ( me ) , 85 Tim Curtis .

Hope this helps .

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X