No announcement yet.

Nice Challenger Spotted At Steam Rally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Challenger Spotted At Steam Rally.

One of our neighbours Ray, a retired gentleman and a lovely chap, is a staunch steam and railway enthusiast as well as being an ex motorcyclist from the good old days. Ray has taken a keen interest in my Greeves and motorcycling activities since we moved in, and is always popping his head in the garage when I'm fettling the bikes.

A month or two back he attended a steam rally and spotted this immaculate Challenger, and very kindly took these pictues of it to pass on to me. The steam rally was at Aston and from what he remembers Ray thinks the owner was from Studley. If the owner is reading this, or if anyone else recognises the bike, it would be great to hear more about it.

As an aside, I lent Ray a copy of the GRA 2003 Battlesbridge video, which includes Andrew King's excellent history sequence of the marque. Watching it certainly brought back some happy memories for Ray...It turns out that as a young man he used to make many collections and deliveries in his lorry to Heenan and Froude in Worcester around the time Bert Greeves would have been working there! Small world sometimes, isn't it...!

I'm very grateful to Ray for taking the time and trouble to give me these photographs and I hope everyone enjoys seeing them.

What a nice bike it is, and a superb restoration from the look of it.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/09/2010, 05:46 PM. Reason: Pics added.
Working...
X