Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex Royal Artillery QUB 380cc Griffin For Sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex Royal Artillery QUB 380cc Griffin For Sale.

Price is £2500 firm.

I have had it advertised on the Pre-65 site and ebay for a couple of weeks (for a slightly higher price) and have not had much interest so have said on there that I will break the bike if no interest soon as it is just not going to get used by us. Already have offers for a few of the main parts that come close to the asking price.
    Seems sad and I would hate to do it but it's got to go one way or the other.

Bike is an ex Royal Artillery Display Team bike that was one of twenty that went to the team in early 1975.
    It has just had a bit of an overhaul and is in good condition. New piston rings, small end bush, crank seals, gearbox sprocket and fork seals. Main frame powder coated and new side panels. Carb overhauled with new brass slide and needle/jet.
    Few dents in tank as can be seen in photos and piece of bottom fin on head missing. Only possible negative is that after putting engine back together we couldn't get it to start with kickstart but went easily with a push. Next time we tried was at a meeting last weekend and again didn't kick up first thing but push started easy. After that it kick started fine all day so don't know if it's our technique or what.
    Ran and handled great.
    Reason for sale is rider used to 4 strokes and found it so different to ride and not bothered about trying to adapt.

Keith.
Working...
X