Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCS for sale in OBM

Advert reads
    Greeves MCS Motocross special. 1961, fully restored & not used since, excellent condition throughout, will sell for £2500 or consider exchange/px for 1970's Husqvarna twin shock. Tel 01698 384575. Strathclyde

Greeves MCS for sale in Old Bike Mart.

Hi John,
    Just thought I would send details of my Greeves MCS which I have advertised in OBM. The bike is still for sale.
    The bike is a 1961 model with a Parkinson's top end conversion. It has an amal concentric carb. (I think it should be a monobloc?). It has steel, rebiuilt rims with paddle hubs. I have a full 'Mayfield' exhaust system for the bike in very good order although the frontpipe has to be modified to fit the Parkinsons barrel. I bought it from Southampton with a view to riding it in the Scottish Classic Racing Club meetings but I think it is too nice to use in anger!
    Further pictures can be sent to any interested parties by supplying an email address. (I'm new to the forum and can't figure out how to post pictures yet).
    Thanks for the mention in the Forum.
    Regards,
    Grahamsgreeves.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Hi Graham, and a warm welcome to the forum-good to have you with us!

As a GRA member I'd recommend that you upgrade your forum membership to 'GRA Member' (from 'Basic User'), as this will give you access to the 'Member's Only' sections of the forum (i.e. 'Sales & Wants' etc) as well as allow you to attach pics to your post. 'Basic Users' can upload pics too, but they must be hosted elswhere.

To upgrade all you need to do is send Rob an email. Click on this link for further details; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/for...hread.php?t=84

I'd also recommend having a look through the 'FAQ' section (on the toolbar at the top of the page, to the right of 'User CP' (User Control Panel.) It gives comprehensive instructions on forum features and usage, including how to upload pics etc. If you need any assistance with anything just send me a PM (Private Message) and I'd be happy to help if required.

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Brian.

Comment

Greeves MCS Sold - My 'New' 1965 MX2

Thanks for the warm welcome Brian,
        Thanks for the info. on upgrading my forum membership.
        I have now sold my 1961 MCS and purchased a 1965 MX2 Challenger.
        I was looking for something to use next season in the pre 65 class here in Scotland. Trouble is (and I never thought I would be saying this). my new aqusition is just toooo.. nice to get dirty!!!
        I hope the pictures upload OK and I would welcome any comments on the gearbox fitted to the bike. Is it the right one? I have heard that the MX1 Albion box was rubbish but the MX2 box should be 'Kidney' shaped?
        Have I got a 'rubbish' box? It appears to be selecting all gears so far.
        Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Grahamsgreeves
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks to me like you're got the later, "best", Challenger box, there. Much better (so I'm told) than the kidney box. Congratulations!
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 24/10/2010, 09:46 PM. Reason: Spelling error at start.

Comment

Challenger box

Thanks John, I was getting worried.
            All the best,
            Graham

Comment

Is this the one that was in the bonhams auction?

Looks a stunning bike

thanks charlie

Comment

Greeves at bonhams auction?

Hi Charlie,
                I believe it was although I didn't buy it direct from the auction.
                It was also at the Telford Off Road Show in February this year along with another almost identical bike.
                Regards,
                Graham

Comment

I saw your bike at the Telford Show, very nice too. It was up for sale at £7000 but must not have attracted any buyers, hence its entry into the Bonhams Auction.

Go on ride it, you can always wash the dirt off afterwards. It's a shame to keep it just for display.
                  John A - 268

Comment

Ride it?

Hi John A,
                    Thanks for the info. and comment on the bike.
                    You may be right, I have always said bikes should be used, not kept just for display. I will give it some thought.
                    Graham

Comment

New Bike!

Hi Graham, and congratulations! What a great bike, and thanks for posting the pics.

Whatever you decide, have fun with it!

Brian.

Comment

Hi Graham
                        here is a couple of photos I took of yours and the other Greeves at Telford. One has the kidney gearbox and yours must be the one with the No 1 plates.

Regards
                        John
                        Attached Files
                        John A - 268

Comment

Greeves at Telford

Hi John,
                          Youre exactly right! I took the no. 1 decal off just before I took the pictures today.
                          I took a couple of pictures at Telford too, never thinking that I would own one of them.
                          Does anyone know who built them? I think I will try the tel. number to find out more.
                          Rgds,
                          Graham
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re; Greeves at Telford

Doh.....could have been Mike George !!

Comment

Lovely MX2

Lovely looking bike, but certainly not a pity to get it dirty! As John-Boy says, you can always wash it! Its crying out to be thrashed on a muddy motocross track somewhere.

I was just looking at the cradle where the footpegs are mounted. From what I can tell, and I'm no expert, this looks like the cradle I should have on my MX1. The one I have bolts-on through the frame, rather than through the engine.

Does anyone fabricate these parts?

Any experts care to comment?

Cheers,
                              Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X