Greeves Brake Thread Type - Some help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Brake Thread Type - Some help Required

A simple question, I am sure, for the Greeves enthusiast.

Can some one please advise me what thread type the brake cam has on the end of the shaft?

Also does anyone know a reputable frame restoration and powder coating (stove enamel) company?

My bike is a Greeves Griffon 380cc Twin Port.

Mark

Mark ,

I believe the thread is 26tpi Cycle .

Chris

Comment

Possible damage from powder coating (at least on MCS)

Originally posted by mdurham View Post
      A simple question, I am sure, for the Greeves enthusiast.

Can some one please advise me what thread type the brake cam has on the end of the shaft?

Also does anyone know a reputable frame restoration and powder coating (stove enamel) company?

My bike is a Greeves Griffon 380cc Twin Port.

Mark

NICE!
      I am by no means a professional here!...seems I always start with that..LOL..

Now, we did an MCS and had made plans to have the frame powder coated...Frank STRONGLY advised against it...would melt/pulverize the back/ swing arm bushings and those in the front forks/loop (again, lucky ours were all intact )...apparently we got VERY LUCKY...ours were intact and the swing arm bolt came out like butter and bushings intact...not sure (still reading my Greeves history) if your frame or swingarm would be the same..but something to look into. We ended up sanding the MCS piece by peice by hand, then handed it over to a professional...we purchased the correct paint, hardner, primer and something else...anyway...just thought I would mention it...GOOD LUCK and DO SHARE PICTURES!

BRIAN..I know the paint bit isn't part of the thread title, but was mentioned in the post..sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Take care, Tammy
      Last edited by tammyanddaveky; 13/08/2010, 07:55 PM. Reason: forgot to sign my name

Comment

Working...
      X