Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Challenger MX1 Query in 'Sales and Wants' subforum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger MX1 Query in 'Sales and Wants' subforum.

Hi everyone,

I was going through the 'Sales and Wants' subforum earlier today, just having a bit of a general tidy up (with my 'Moderator' hat on, hope you all agree the ads are much clearer now) and spotted this older query posted by GRA member 'Greeves' (Charlie.) As he hadn't had any responses (probably had been missed due to where it was posted?) I thought I'd take the liberty of reposting here on Charlie's behalf. Hope that's ok! Here is Charlie's ad and query in full;

hi i have recently brought a mx1 frame and have also brought some MP forks to fit, but currently looking for an MX1 engine and hubs so if any one can help it will be greatly received.
    havinging been looking at other challengers would a later engine fit staight in or will it need modifications done.

thanks charlie

With hindsight (a wonderful thing!), it would probably be better to post any general queries like this in one of the machine specific subforums (such as here) as a seperate post, and keep the 'Sales and Wants' section for adverts only. That way, any info that members supply in response can be freely accessed and found in the more appropriate place. If there had been a string of responses we would have ended up having to move it here anyway.

Hey, we're all learning on here as we go along, and I for one certainly hadn't thought of this aspect at all, so it's good to flag it up and no worries!

Anyway, hope someone can help Charlie out with his query and thanks all.

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 25/07/2010, 12:53 PM.

I am pretty certain the later engines will fit straight in, almost any gearbox, if you are going to ride her is better than the first box used in Challengers! To be fair it is more about the selector mechanism than the gears. Your bike would probably have had British hubs which are not to hard to find, the conical hubs are like rocking horse droppings, all stolen for Metisses and the like years ago

Comment

Thanks Stormer!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
      X