Qub 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qub 380

In case I have missed it - is the silver frame paint on a Griffon 380 any particular shade (or number) or just a generic bright silver??

Hi Dave,
    I think the QUB has a black frame.
    Maybe the very early 1971 golden sparkle one had silver but not sure.

Comment

If my memory is still working, I seem to remember that a Ford paint was used, possibly Strato??? Silver.

Comment

380 Griffon 1969 - 1971: silver frame, QUB Griffon 1972 - 1975: black frame; QUB Mk2 1975-on: silver frame.
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 14/03/2016, 08:07 AM.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

I agree with that, the QUB sales brochure that I have here shows the finish as just ordinary 'black' (not even Moorland Black!)

Comment

My griffon is moorland black.....but you can`t see it, as the powder coater put it on upside down........

Comment

Could we have the paint code for Moorland Black please and also some instructions for powder coaters so that they don't commit such a heinous sin again. This is important to those of us that take our restorations seriously and not ride such valuable machinery around fields.

There could develop a tendency to make use of cable ties and gaffer tape. I have already seen an example of this (think it was a QUB Griffon) and it should be vigorously discouraged. Purity of thought is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                There could develop a tendency to make use of cable ties and gaffer tape. I have already seen an example of this (think it was a QUB Griffon) and it should be vigorously discouraged.
                Don't forget the metallic blue glitter coated grenade shaped dust caps Rob. (....!)

bRiAn.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Could we have the paint code for Moorland Black please and also some instructions for powder coaters so that they don't commit such a heinous sin again. This is important to those of us that take our restorations seriously and not ride such valuable machinery around fields.

There could develop a tendency to make use of cable ties and gaffer tape. I have already seen an example of this (think it was a QUB Griffon) and it should be vigorously discouraged. Purity of thought is important.
                  Rob Being a careful restorer of a QUB Griffon myself - I amazed to hear that people would want to throw them around a muddy track at high speeds and get them dirty and bashed.....Outrageous and I do believe that Gaffer Tap and Cable ties are perfectly acceptable restoring material...as long as they are of course Moorland Black

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                    380 Griffon 1969 - 1971: silver frame, QUB Griffon 1972 - 1975: black frame; QUB Mk2 1975-on: silver frame.
                    Whoops some sod went out to the garage and painted everything a bew-tee-full silver.
                    Maybe I can pretend it is a pre-73 frame???
                    Thanks for all the advice tho.
                    Dave

Comment

April 1st

Yes children its near easter where eggs and the easter hunt (and one duff joke in the LL) so after reading this there is no supprise to me about anything lol
                      i use BMW BLACK and it will be tekaloide with catalist.

1969 greeves 380 strato silver and rosso red (flame red).

1970-72 silver hammerite frame (to cover up new welding) metalflake fiberglass braced bars

1973 QUB black frame +parts gold metal flake fiberglass telesco forks

1974/5 QUB black frame black fiberglass alloy tank with twist top.

1976/7 QUB strato silver frame alloy tank blue fiber glass preston petty blue mudgaurds

positive helpfull comments please

gary

Comment

Spot on Gary u know your Griffons

Comment

Thank you Gary.

Comment

However

My 1973 QUB (American) has Ceriani forks and alloy tank. Presumably different specification depending on the importer?
                            It is Moorland black though

Comment

Hi Tony, Mine has the same plus the "Rob" specified cable ties and gaffe tape, essential for racing as the bike then looks hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X