Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX1 Questions.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, and new to Greeves so maybe I should have posted in the "new members" section first!
    I've just sent off my application for GRA membership also, but couldn't wait any longer with my burning question.

I have a Challenger MX1, which appears to have an MDS swinging arm. The lower rear shock mounts are directly above the rear axle.

Being new to the marque, I don't know if this is totally wrong, for example, does it make the rear end mis-aligned? The right hand rear shock doesn't look quite straight.

Anyway, can this setup work correctly or do I need to find the correct swing arm? I intend to race the bike in pre-65, and not do a concours restoration.

I really want to get stuck into this project, but up until now I haven't been able to find much info on these bikes.

Many thanks,
    Andrew Zdzylowski

Kent, UK

Greetings!

Hi Andrew, and welcome aboard!

Really, the best place for your thread is in the dedicated 'Scrambles Machines' sub forum, so if it's ok with you I'll move it there for you. Hey, no worries though, and thanks for posting!

Great to hear that you will be using your MX1 'as intended'-nice one! I'm sure some of the scrambles lads will be able to advise on your swingarm/shock mount query in due course. You'll find there's loads of help and advice available through the club, and great to have another new member in the process of signing up. It really is the best thing you could do if you own a Greeves, without a doubt!

All the best with your bike, and enjoy the forum (and GRA!)

Cheers,

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 13/07/2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X