Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24MDS rear tank mounting.

Hi chaps,
    Anyone got drawings or a parts list showing the rear tank mounting for the MDS?
    I refer to the location where the two brackets are welded to the underside and to the rear of the tank, obviously there is some sort of mounting bolted to the brackets which prevents the tank from jumping about at the rear, I don't have one!
    Regards Ken.

24MDS rear tank mounting.

Hi Ken,

Please see the attached drawing for the MDS rear tank mounting bracket.
    Hope this will help you.

Regards
    Sean...
    Last edited by Sean Bowers; 22/04/2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Super job.

Hi Sean you're a star,
      Many thanks for the drawing it is much appreciated.
      I have to say in the short space of time of being a GRA member I am amazed by the responses with advice - technical data and drawings as in this case plus the death of knowledge, there is always an answer!
      Many thanks & best regards, Ken.

Comment

I hope you actually meant "the depth of knowledge!....

Comment

Oh dear!

Hi Brian,
          I did I did I did!!!
          Regards Ken.

Comment

24MDS rear tank mounting.

Hi Ken,
            No problem, just glad to be of service.
            To be honest with you the drawing for the bracket came along with several other drawings I needed, and was kindly sent to me a couple of years ago by Rob (Chairman) when I was looking for info.
            If there is anything else you need, and if I can help you, I will gladly do so.
            Like you stated as I also found out, there definitely is a wealth of experience, knowledge and help from members within the Greeves club.
            Regards
            Sean…

Comment

MDS engine type.

Hi again Sean,
              I did post another thread re 1963 DB Picture.
              Have a look at my reasons for asking the question re my 1962 MDS and whether mine has the correct engine type for frame number or not.
              Many thanks Ken.

Comment

MDS engine type

I have just been given some professionally taken photos which were taken for the works of the 1962 & 1963 MDS also 36A engine. From them the 1962 MDS had a 34A engine & 1963 had 34A or 36A. Also amongst them is a photo of a hand holding the outside cover of the air filter so the inside can be seen & the reflection of the person holding it can be seen in the tank.I was told it was one of the better known works people

Comment

MDS engine type

Studying the photos closure one has been labeled wrong it is a second copy of a 1962 photo not 1963. Therefor 1962 34A engine 1963 36A engine. Sorry for not noticing this before previous post

Comment

HMMMMM, having had a long conversation with a pro photographer about reflections, I would say that most pros would reject (where possible) any shot with a person or camera showing as a reflection. This is extremely hard to achieve with certain bike and components. Chrome and polished ali tanks are the worst problem, so the photog will try to angle the shot slightly so the reflection will fall on a badge or below the tank line. Anyone taking detail shots for publication should take lots of frames (easier now with digital cameras) so that the best ones can be chosen. If your bike is chosen for a photo shoot, please be aware that it might take more than a few minutes!

Comment

Thanks again.

Hi Pete,
                      Many thanks for the info on correct engine type for my 1962 MDS. I am reassured that I have the correct motor type.
                      Best regards, Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                        HMMMMM, having had a long conversation with a pro photographer about reflections, I would say that most pros would reject (where possible) any shot with a person or camera showing as a reflection. This is extremely hard to achieve with certain bike and components. Chrome and polished ali tanks are the worst problem, so the photog will try to angle the shot slightly so the reflection will fall on a badge or below the tank line. Anyone taking detail shots for publication should take lots of frames (easier now with digital cameras) so that the best ones can be chosen. If your bike is chosen for a photo shoot, please be aware that it might take more than a few minutes!
                        This is so true! Digital photography to the rescue! Also you can sort it out afterwards with Photoshop, Paintshop Pro or similar software.

That shiny Norvin I photographed for RealClassic 138 (October 2015) was a nightmare!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                        X