Point me in the right direction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point me in the right direction!

Is there a source (or alternative) for Griffon 1970 contact breaker points? This is a query from the Nicholson page on FB and it is for a stefa unit???

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
    Is there a source (or alternative) for Griffon 1970 contact breaker points? This is a query from the Nicholson page on FB and it is for a stefa unit???
    Brian
    Maybe Pete Savage peter@rcrcv9.wanadoo.co.uk could help, he did a points conversion for 32A/37A & 2T & 4T twins that used car points (XCS 126) https://www.redlinecarparts.com/redl...-p-495125.html

Comment

Better off replacing the whole ignition with a PVL system or Electrex!

Comment

Andy, that seems to be the logical route......But I thought I would ask around to see if anyone had a slightly cheaper alternative. I can remember someone using Fiesta points, as per the link from JW, but I don't remember which model it was for. For what they cost, the owner would be best advised to go to his local factors and get a "near-enough" match to modify.

Comment

Hi, Elextrexworld only make one for the Griffon at present ? i am not sure if its Fensa or Motoplat are Chairman will tell you which one as he has been looking into it for a longggggggggggggg time

Comment

I think Terry Sewell does PVL ones, which are probably the best option available really. Only my opinion though...

Comment

Sorry mate got wires crossed or more to the POINT,riders.org.uk/forums/images i meant to say Steffa and Motoplat not Fensa! the shaft crank sizes are different on the 250 griffons , Electrex does one but not sure which? but said he will make some if enough interest is given, it would be similar to the Husqvarna that they do.

Dave Higgins would probably give you a better view on this subject

Comment

Do all of the 250 Griffons use the same electronic ignition, regardless of year? Sorry Brian not trying to hijack your thread here I didn't have any trouble getting points here in the States, just saying

Comment

Working...
                X