Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20SAS in ISDT guise

Thought I would show this pic again in the 'Scrambles Thread'
    I wonder where it was taken. Looks like someones attempt at making a LHK replica. I found the pic on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/24597858@N03/2722060608/ looks like it was taken in 2008.
    Last edited by John Wakefield; 29/10/2015, 08:51 AM.

I have seen this pic in a number of places on the net. It looks good, but I can't see that the design of the chainguard is all that good for the access needed to change or re-rail a deviant chain. Other than that I like it!

Comment

This bike now lives in Ottawa. It was scrambled in the late 50s, early 60s by the late Bob Guzzo who had a motorcycle business in Ottawa at the time that sold Greeves. Although I didn’t move to Ottawa until 1969 I came to know Bob and his friends through the Bytown (the original name for Ottawa) Motorcycle Club that used to organise scrambles, trials and ice racing in the area, and later in the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group where Bob was also a member. A mutual friend who has been around the Ottawa motorcycle scene for all his life tells me the one recollection he has of the bike when Bob was racing it was the incredible noise, so I assume it was fitted with the stubby megaphone at that time.
      I was told that Bob sold the bike in the early 60s and that it went to southern Ontario where the “Internationalization” must have taken place but I do not know the history for this period until the bike reappeared in Ottawa where it is now owned by a semi-retired motorcycle dealer who has quite a collection of bikes. I believe the photo that John posted must have been taken during the “dark period”.
      The bike was displayed at the annual “vintage motorcycle day” held at the heritage Billing’s Estate in Ottawa a couple of years ago, where I also had my Silverstone on display. I have a few photographs of the bike taken at that time and was going to post something on the forum on a thread about the SASs but as the intricacies of posting photos is beyond me I never did. If someone here with a better grasp of these infernal computer thingies wants to contact me with their email address I can send the photos I have for posting on this thread.
      Stan

Comment

SAS ISDT replica

Thanks for bringing us up to speed Stan, the pic as I said was posted on Flickr so could have been copied from elsewhere, I did Flickrmail the person who posted it but got no reply. I have added the info you have given to the Flickr posting so hopefully someone may read it & be able to fill in the missing history. I will send you my email address if you would like to send pics
        Update
        The Flickr member ('beppeburlando') has come back to me but says he has thousands of enduro bike pictures during last 20 years so could not give any details on the bike.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 04/11/2015, 08:49 AM. Reason: reply from Flickr member added

Comment

Stan's pics of the 20SAS taken in Ottawa in Aug, 2014
          Attached Files

Comment

What a spendid example of exactly how the forum should be used, well done all!

Mind you, I also enjoy all the witty banter, especially that from someone that the radar shows is located near the centre of our island!

Makes all the effort of keeping this thing on the road worthwhile!

Thanks,

Rob

Comment

Puppetry In Motion....

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Mind you, I also enjoy all the witty banter, especially that from someone that the radar shows is located near the centre of our island!

Rob
              Can't be me then Rob, 'cos in term of wit I only have a half.....and in terms of location, these days I spend most of my time on Tracy Island......

5......4.......3......2................1......Thun derbirds are GO!!!!!!!!!!

FAB, Virgil.

Comment

Working...
              X