24MX1 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24MX1 gearbox

As per my post in the road race section, can any of you scrambler types tell me how much oil goes in the 24MX1 gearbox as the RCS box I have had to fit to my Silverstone only has fill and drain plugs.
    Thanks, Stan

Hi Stan,
    Sorry don't have that info as I own Griffons - but Scott or Andy should give you an answer..............if nothing forthcoming I will as Geoff Nunn - who made them....
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Scramble boxes have level plugs.

Comment

Sorry I don't know

Never had an Mx1 I'm afraid, all my challengers have had the cambarrel box.

There must be a level plug somewhere I'd have thought, it's usually around the height of the Kickstart shaft but at the back of the box??

Scott

Comment

Thank you for the replies, guys. As I posted on the RR forum, the gearbox I have fitted to my RDS is from an RCS but, as usual for these early 5 speed boxes, it has been converted back to a 4 speed, by the factory I would assume as the box is stamped 4 Speed and has been remarked so the gear indicator pointer shows 4 marks instead of the original 5.
          It definitely doesn't have a level plug, probably because it started life as a RR box and not a scrambles box but Colin suggested that the basic box was the same as the one fitted to the 24MX1. Although my cam barrel RDS 5 speed has a level plug at the back, the service notes for the bike list the gearbox capacity as 3/4 pint. As I have always filled to the level plug I have never bothered to measure the amount that goes in!
          If all else fails I will put 3/4 pint in the box and hope for the best as the last race of the season is next weekend (12/13th).
          The next problem for this winter is to try and fix my cam barrel 5 speeder as I have to convert some 4 speed cam barrel selector forks to the thinner 5 speed type. Not sure what I can do about the free play on the sliding gears though, and I can't justify 2,500 GBP for a Nova 6 speed cluster
          Stan

Comment

Working...
          X