Help - Advice needed on my 250 Griffon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Advice needed on my 250 Griffon

Had to swap my exhaust back to stock on the 250 Griff - (snapped off at East Hanningfield and no time to get re- welded.

Bike runs fine on the modified exhaust - but have just fitted the stock one - and the engine doesn't idle . It was running fine at end of last meeting but now I can't get the revs down anywhere near tick-over even with throttle stop slackened right off (and the slide is hitting the bottom of carb) .....I have played with pilot jet and no difference........

The stock exhaust is about 15cm shorter and lesser in volume - up to the the start of the stinger than the modified one that it runs ok on.....

Any clues on jetting changes????

Might be a bike down tomorrow !!
    Cheers Kim

Hi kim, more likely its something you have disturbed whilst changing over the systems, maybe drawing air, poss from inlet manifold, try it without the throttle cable attatched & a good slide spring fitted.
    Yet having seen your bikes, could it be tha gaffa tape holding the cyl on, has worked loose?....., hope you get it sorted mate....

Comment

Thanks Higgo

Will give it a go .........

Comment

All sorted

Thanks Higgo- all sorted - air leak @ manifold...........
        by the way - I prefer the added security of cable ties as well as gaffer tape...you can't be too careful with race-bike prep

Comment

You may mockingly describe the use of tank or gaffer tape, but I have repaired broken steering arms on rally cars with a few bits of tape, a length of rod and some Jubilee clips! Not once, but twice in 3 weeks....
          Broken swinging arms need 2 bits of rod......but that's one for my book entitled "How to keep a bike in the ISDT!"

Comment

Hi brian, twice in three weeks.... i`d be impressed, but you did the secound one in the workshop....... only joking ....

Comment

Working...
            X