Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that would be great......

Comment

Rolls Royce Merlin-engined Brough Superiority Complexes....!!

Originally posted by Marcelle34A
      Hi Dave, Brian () & Co.,

Not sure what rules you (two) are running to these days, if any?

For example....the AMCA http://www.amca.uk.com/images/downlo..._Book_2014.pdf.......lists 7.5" front travel max for pre 74, and specifically permit internal mods "to increase performance" (s26 above) providing the external profile is not changed.

Merely selling a single wheelnut (ebay style) from one of the Rolls Royce Merlin-engined Brough Superiority Complexes you were generous enough to recently admit having in your garage, would allow you to purchase a set of 35mm marzocchis (european, and therefore AMCA legal), squeeze and glue these into a pair of norton 'over-trousers', add a pair of PD or Racetech 'emulators' and springs, a la those cheetin..sorry, cheeky , pre65 trials boys, and 7 and a half inches of action are moments away.....

Or take the middle path with some emulators and springs in your Cerianis....http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/1/...35mm/1967-1977

Or...the 'designed-to-run-on-hot-air-only-greeves-forum-patented- cerianis' , though wildly cheaper and offering a fair bit of both shed action and track time to sort, are in my (no doubt blinkered view), likely to end up as limp a mess as a pair of unrestored FoxAirShox with dodgy bladders when the going, and they, get hot....

And we all know where dodgy bladders lead.....
      Hi M,

......still chucklin' at that one....

(I wonder how much a wingnut off a '44 Spudgley Twassock rotavator would be worth then...?)

Nice to see you're still around mate.

Brian.

Comment

Forks Out.

Originally posted by dave higgins
        Hi m, brian, hope ur well...by the way.. i`ve seen brians old rotavator.. the knacker whacker 350 & he needs to change that flayed drive belt....
        .....yes mate, but I've only just finished polishing the forks.....(stainless!)

You guys....honestly......

Brian.
        Attached Files

Comment

Racetech Emulators

Higgo,,

In MArcelle's thread is a very good idea - the Racetech emulators........I fitted them to my QUB ceriani's - and made a huge difference....gives you progressive damping - very stiff on full compression..........helps the qub handling a lot ......not too expensive and relatively straighforward to fit for a man of your calibre
          Cheers Kim
          Last edited by Kim275; 15/11/2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks kim, i`ll look into that......when you said " not a lot of money "..my wallet recoiled......, where did you get your kit from?

Comment

Hi Dave, sorry for the late reply
              Pictures attached
              Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks, its always good to see another persons perception on how best to do the job, i see as brian thompson pointed out earlier in the thread that your bike uses the balance tube....interesting that..
                Do you know if they are full air or air assisted, i guess you might not have had the tops off....
                Last edited by dave higgins; 18/11/2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

They went flat to the floor when I took the balancer tube off so guessing they are full, not assisted.
                  Its an interesting bike. From America, Set up for the desert with fatter front tyre, frame stamped December 72. Bought it for spares without piston, cylinder, head, or exhaust but have "found" those parts and I am trying to get the bike back on the track.

Comment

Working...
                  X