qub colour pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qub colour pics

Hi all, has any body got pics or know of a website, where i can find colour pics of original as they left the factory shots of the 380 qub. ie sales brochures etc, i can only find black & white....

QUB Colour Pics

Brian,
    If you are talking about the earlier QUB (not the Mk2) and the home market then I think black and white is all you need.
    Apart from the forks which are painted silver, the frame , footrests, brake pedal and engine stays are painted black. The tank is alloy, the airbox is black and everything else is natural finish or plated.

Druid

Comment

Black it is then, the only original ones i have seen, were the army display team bikes, which were as you say, very black, with more black where needed....thanks Brian....TM cbro..

Comment

A bit like the Rally car I saw once, being a fantastic fade job from white at the front to black at the back. Saved a fortune on colour photos!
        Is there a RAL code.......

Comment

Here are some photos and a web address,
          hope this helps
          Craig
          Sum of all attachments owned by griffon380: 100.7 KB

Upload File from your Computer

Upload File from a URL

Uploading File(s) - Please Wait
          Attachment Key
          Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
          bmp 19.5 KB 620 280
          doc 19.5 KB - -
          gif 19.5 KB 620 280
          jpe 19.5 KB 620 280
          jpeg 19.5 KB 620 280
          jpg 97.7 KB - -
          pdf 19.5 KB - -
          png 19.5 KB 620 280
          psd 19.5 KB - -
          txt 19.5 KB - -
          zip 97.7 KB - -
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi craig, just the job, thats exactly what i needed, thanks to all...

Comment

welcome.
              Hopefully by Christmas I will have one that looks the same

Comment

Hi craig, i did come across this site with slightly better images, but you may have seen it already, but best of luck with your bike, mine will be done by then as well.....hopefully.... http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.ht...tionFlag=false

Comment

QUB Pics.

Wotcha Dave, me 'ole Chuckle Bro (TM.)

Here you go bud, a few more pics for the pot.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find any better pics showing the footrests for you.

Brian.

(Sorry there are no new emu pics included here mate, but I needed all five for the bike pics.....)

Brian.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/10/2014, 10:08 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

QUB Catalogue.

Here are scans of the factory catalogue for you as well Dave, along with another pic, this time fitted with bananas. I've also blown up the footrest area from one of the pics to give you something to be going on with.

Hope it helps (Craig too!)

Good luck with the builds chaps, and looking forward to seeing the finished results.

Brian.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/10/2014, 10:21 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Hi mate, great pics...... but is that a bra strap in the corner of pic 5........Tm cbro
                      Last edited by dave higgins; 04/10/2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Playtex?

Dunno mate, but it aint moorland blue (too light).......

Here's a couple more pics, this time of an original bike exported to the USA (as per factory catalogue in my earlier post, see also Druids comments) taken from the excellent Kivas Greeves Website; http://www.kivas.com/greeves/bikes/bikes.html

Oh....and I found this old film as well..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlysN_Z__oA

I tend to go for comfort me'sen.....can't be doin' with those thin straps and all the chaffing.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Uzj5l6rDg

Brian.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/10/2014, 01:42 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

That's the first of the Model 63 QUB 380s. They used the glass-fibre tank in the first year (1972) for home and for export models. The colour is "Golden Glow".
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Another 380 QUB Factory Catalogue, but B&W.

Hi Dave,

Happened across this while perusing Michael Moore's excellent website (http://www.eurospares.com/index.htm)

It's in black and white obviously (with maybe the odd item in a kinda dark olive green here and there...), but thought I'd post it anyway as an additional reference in case you haven't seen it before.

Hope it helps bud.

Brian.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/10/2014, 06:08 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Thanks Brian, will have pictures of the build on forum soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X