Maylandsea Scramble 24 Aug 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maylandsea Scramble 24 Aug 14

The Pre 65 Club scramble at Lawlings Farm, Maylandsea was blessed with good weather and few accidents. A number of riders were wearing head-cams including Michael Eustace riding (and crashing) a GreeBsa.

See YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hzdbGMIdsw

Other clips will no doubt be uploaded in due course.

I only managed two of the three Greeves races due to a rapidly dissolving petrol tank blocking the fuel pipe and carb.
    John A - 268

Whats he gone & done to my old bike???????????, hope u`r alright mike.. looked like a real bone breaker!

Comment

Dave, the immense increase in torque caught him unawares and he spun the back end out. I will say that he was not the only one, was he Kim????
      All credit to Mike that he got back on and had a few more rides during the day, getting more used to the beast!

Comment

Glad to hear it, looked like he was going well!...

Comment

On board.....most of the time...video

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Au?erdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Spinning off at MAylandsea

Brian
            You are right despite the great weather and track conditions there were multiple spin off's several in the exact spot as michael ! . I crashed my little griff on the second of the two big left handlers over the back of the circuit in greeves race 2 when under no pressure and pushing it for fun . C'est scrambling for you ! Cracking day and had two good duals with michael in Percy Tawn 2 and 3 on borrowed bikes . Btw Higgo , yer old bike was travelling quick ! Not as quick as when u rode it at the 100 miler tho
            Last edited by Kim275; 27/08/2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Michael on the Greebsa

One of my pics from Maylandsea, showing Michael getting to grips with the 250 BSA engined Greeves.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great action pic brian, young michael`s a very good rider, & seems to look quite at home on the old girl ( just remind him to get his own riding number ).....
                Kim, got a nice qub in the w/shop on the go, prehaps a griffon only 100 miler team next year to compliment adrian & the lads hawkstone hero`s....

Comment

Ooerrrr, this thread has reminded me what I've been missing!
                  Great stuff, and I've always liked Dave's GreeBSA since seeing it at Mortimer.
                  Looks like a production bike, should have bought it myself.....

I'll have to make a comeback soon, the 360 is nearly up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                    Great action pic brian, young michael`s a very good rider, & seems to look quite at home on the old girl ( just remind him to get his own riding number ).....
                    Kim, got a nice qub in the w/shop on the go, prehaps a griffon only 100 miler team next year to compliment adrian & the lads hawkstone hero`s....
                    Look forward to seeing your QUB Higgo - I am sure it will be a looker.......great idea re the 100Miler

Comment

Remember we need composite teams, consisting of different era bikes to avoid the penalties. I'm sure we could have won this in the past....depending on the ability to climb muddy hills!!! No names etc...

Comment

Then we need more volunteers for next year, as i only have two griffons as next seasons steeds, so my options are limited if i want to ride in a greeves team.
                        Prehaps there will be more people about, closer to the time....

Comment

We need people like Richard Haywood and Greg Radley on their Hawkstones, Scotty and Matt Valentine on Griffs, as well as the usual suspects to make two "mixed" teams.

Comment

Sounds interesting

Mmm cunning plan baldrick.....

Good idea Brian, if I know well in advance should be a goer, I don't have a griffon though, I have a pre68 360 though, Richard could ride the pre60, Greg the pre65 on his newly built long stroke mx4, then a quick griffon rider..... Mmm they would need a reliable bike (that's Kim out then)

Scott

Comment

Nice one scott, i tried to build a bike like kims, but i just can`t get the mud to stay on....

Comment

Working...
                              X