Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griffon 380 Restoration Article - Classic Bike Magazine, March 1986.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is some info and pictures on that bike still on Richard Deal's site:

Comment

Thanks Thommo - Interesting article

Thommo - thanks for posting - I hadn't seen that little gem before - its an interesting article and cracking looking bike.

Not sure how Geoff Nunn would have reacted to the Bitsa comments about the gearboxes tho !!......my experience of Griffon gearboxes has all been very positive after Geoff has worked his magic !

Comment

dave barratts griffon

my bike was next to daves 380 at bristol then noticed mine was the sister bike to mine my frame 58C 171 daves was 58C 170 mine was supplied to brian edwards and sold to PAUL PRINGLE of southwest fame i also have a QUB 380 63A that was also supplied buy brian edwards supplied to RON KALLAWAY

Dave sold his bike but where did it go ? and a RAS.

GARY

Comment

Stupid question, but my griffon is a 69 380, the id number is 58e 5**, does that sound about right for what model & year it is?, i have no idea how many greeves made per year, just interested....

Comment

That seems correct according to the front page of this site.....

Comment

No i was refering to the batch no, not the model, the identify section gives no indication of the amount of griffons made in 1969/70, well not that i can see.

Comment

I'm not aware of there being a definitive production record in existence of any of the Griffons, apart from the QUB Mk IIs, where so few were actually made.

This is because many went abroad and as we know the record of exported bike was lost in the late seventies.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                X