rock shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rock shocks

Any of the scrambles lads got a set of alloy rock shocks, i`ve heard that they are a pretty good middle of the road quality type unit, which are not gas & you can rebuild yourself, which also look the biz.
    I know you get what you pay for, but shocks are a mine field, & there are cheap rubbish units & expensive rubbish units out there.
    Njb are good budget shocks, but don`t do the length i need...?

Hi Dave,

I have a set on the bananas of my 360. I'd say they're better than middle of the road. On the plus side, they're light, work really well, are totally rebuildable at home, cheaply.
    On the negative side, they always leak a bit, its never bothered me!

I would buy another set, definitely, mainly because of weight, tunability, and made in the UK.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

rock shocks

They look the biz dave !
      For all customers who live outside the UK who wish to order products and/or spares, please DO NOT order your products via the website. ?Please send your order via email to gary@rockshocks.co.uk with the details of the parts or shocks that you wish to order. ?We will then respond to you confirming the delivery charge […]

from a riders perspective

gary

Comment

Hi andy, gary, yeah, you`re just confirming what i have heard, nice one!
        Are you riding next year andy? dave.

Comment

Rock Shocks

Hi all,
          John Bull wont like me saying this. I have tried a few sets of Rock shocks out in the Greeves championship and found that for a four lap dash they worked ok. But if the races are any longer they began to harden up and stop damping. They do tend to leak very early on in their life. As for rebuilding them, yes it can be done if you have the right tools and have the knowledge to set them up.
          The best we have found are the reiger as Kim will tell you, but they are expensive. The ones I am using are the new Hagon shocks. These are gas shocks, guaranteed for two years and they will set them up to your weight. The cost being in the region of £125 per pair.

This is based on my experience playing around with shocks. But we all have our own preferences.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Hi all,

I've got a set of rockshocks on my trials Francis barnett and they do work extremely well, they do weep abit though.

In my opinion they work better as trials units than scrambles.

I have fitted betors on the hawkstone from Sammy millers, I went for pre74 spec 50lb springs, they work very well. Good value at about £145 from memory, not rebuildable though.

I went for falcons on the 360, very pleased with them, fully rebuilable at £209 and they look in keeping with the period. I have only done two meetings on them but very pleased.

Njbs get mixed reviews, I find them over damped for me, but I weigh less than 10 stone, I always remember seeing mark bussey on the line at a meeting on his 250 griffon, his bike was standard with basic njbs, he decimated all of us!!

Regards

Scott

Comment

Thanks for your opinions chaps, its the betors on my griffon i`m looking to replace, how much were the reigers terry?.
              I use the works shocks on my bsa, absolutely faultless but very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                Hi andy, gary, yeah, you`re just confirming what i have heard, nice one!
                Are you riding next year andy? dave.
                Yes, I will be back racing next year! Can't wait!

Just to add to Scotty's comment, I find the NJBs overdamped too, and I'm 12 stone.

Also, what Terry says makes perfect sense, if there is no gas bladder in the shock, when they get hot, the oil can only expand and blow the seal.
                On the short pre-65 races this in not an issue, but in the 8-lappers they may well lock solid and squirt oil everywhere!

Comment

Reigers cost...well a lot

Terry is right they are great shocks - As I remember they were very expensive - best not quote a number in the unlikely event that Mrs M searches this forum!. They are from Reiger racing in Holland - so at the moment the exchange rate is better than when I bought them.

And they are simply the best you can fit. ...Note mine have had 4 seasons of hard racing now - and not even a seep from the seals........

I notice they now have a Uk sales outlet - I dealt directly with the factory in NL and supplied the dimension to them

Reiger UK Sales and Service Zeta Engineering

Other options at the top end of the shock market would be Racetech - probably the best from the US

If you are talking to Racetech (and they are very helpful) ask about their front fork emulators for ceriani's.........relatively low cost - and they made a big difference on my QUB if I compare with my 250 Griff which is standard.

and of course Ohlins - which I have no experience of ...
                  IM me if you need further info
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

a bridge to far!

Hi kim, i think, i have found my level with the riegers then, the old saying " if you have to ask the price!, then you can`t afford them...

Comment

Working...
                    X