wheel rims.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel rims.

Does anyone know of wheel rim suppliers that can supply alloy rims for a 380 griffon, without having to have the old rim or hub as pattern, ie, be able to drill the rims from factory data.
    Also, still looking for a griff swing arm if anybody has one for sale? dave.

Griffon

Hi Dave

I have a swinging arm in the shed. Send me a pm with your email address and I will send you some photos.

Kind regards

Phil

Comment

Dave,

Most rim suppliers just need the diameter across the spoke flange on each side of the hub and then the distance across the hub between both flanges.

They seem to be able to work out the angles from this somehow!

Central Wheels website had an explanation last time I looked but I'm too poor to afford new rims these days!

Rob

Comment

Try Alf Hagon. I had a problem a few years back with a very well known and often mentioned wheel building business and they sent two sets of wheels they'd assembled to Hagon's to correct as I was most unhappy with their work. They were Greeves Conical hubs.
        Also beware that some alloy rim suppliers punch the spoke holes through and dont drill them!
        I've used Devon Rim Company for replica Dunlop / Jones steel rims (although not for greeves hubs) and their service and quality of product is excellent. When I laced them up spoke lenghts were spot on with no residual threads showing etc....
        Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks to all, rob, just been on there w/site, as you say, rims can be ordered without the hub being present.
          I was just trying to keep the cost down, as i can build up my own wheels, an art i picked up quite quickly after getting a bill of remortgage size proportions, from a bristol wheel builders, many years ago....

Comment

Working...
          X