griffon 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• griffon 250

Hiya all, Can anyone advise me on where to get handle bars and handle bar brackets for my griffon with banana forks. I don't think the originals had a cross bar on them. I also need both rear wheel adjuster snail cams. As always any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Mick

On my griffons I use standard Renthal enduro 7/8" - with about 1" of triple clamp lifters to get back to equivalent height of the original bars ..........but if you are after original spec steel - then suggest you start with Terry Sewell - TDS , Kenny Sykes (Bearingman) and Chris Riflegreen can advise.
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Hi, I have used both Renthall 'Enduro High Bars' & 'Jimmy Button Bars'.

I have a set of bananas converted to use the 1970's Husqvarna handlebar mounts. One single bolt mounts each clamp to the top yoke/yolk, four bolts on each clamp to secure the bars. Obviously you'll have to drill the top yoke to suit. I welded up the two original mount holes fore and aft of the new central hole I drilled to tidy this up.

I subsequently discovered that if you get some handlebar clamps from a 1976 Bultaco Pursang by slightly elongating the original back (or front) mounting hole in the top yoke/yolk the Bultaco clamps fit straight on. Again they secure the bars with four bolts on each clamp.
      Both types for sale on e-bay USA.

Cant help / advise on the original fitment parts tho'......

Comment

handlebar up stands

I have seen on my jumbling is i have seen some chrome tube squat flat and machined for to fit a handle bar in and long u bolts wander if this was for bananas ?

gary gwillam

Comment

Working...
        X