Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon Enduro Colour?

Here's a poser for you:

What colour were the tank and side panels on the 1971 Griffon Enduro?

(I've only got black & white photos of it!)
    Colin Sparrow

Griffon Enduro Colour

From memory I believe "Bike" magazine did a test on the Griffon plus other enduro bikes. I think 1 of the shots was in colour and I seem to remember it being red metalflake GRP. Of course I could be totally wrong!

Druid

Comment

metalflake

Hi the 380,s were red metalflake (villiers services have some still from factory still also availible from calbrook cars LTD) 250,s were blue

villliers services has a NEW tank for a enduro griffon in red metalflake i also have new mag covers for induro griffons also villiers services has new heads for griffons enduro as well

regards gary

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
        Here's a poser for you:

What colour were the tank and side panels on the 1971 Griffon Enduro?

(I've only got black & white photos of it!)

Hi Colin,

Yes...red flake for the 380 and blue flake for the 250, frames were hammered grey. Remember them well on the Nicholson showroom floor.

Kenny

Comment

Thank you everybody. Chris and I thought red or blue metalflake was right - so the same colour as the scramblers in fact - but I needed to be sure.

I bet they looked fabulous!
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Griffon frame colour

I dont know for sure what red it was but, yesterday at the Popham auto jumble Rob and I saw a griffon that is for green lane use that was a cracking bike fitted with a 600 Rotax engine I think Rob will be doing an article on it

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
              I dont know for sure what red it was but, yesterday at the Popham auto jumble Rob and I saw a griffon that is for green lane use that was a cracking bike fitted with a 600 Rotax engine I think Rob will be doing an article on it
              He is indeed. Thanks Rob.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
              X