griffon rear shock mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• griffon rear shock mounts

First off, my apologies if this enquiry is in the wrong place but i'm still finding it difficult using forums. I have now stripped my 69 griffon and it is now ready to send to the powder coaters. Trouble is i dont know if the rear end has been played with. The top rear shock mounts are offset and i dont want to send it for coating if it's wrong. They are both to the left of the seat mounting tubes when looked at from above,standing behind the frame. I would post pictures but don't know how to at this moment in time. I would very much appreciate it if a more knowledgeable person could post pictures of what it looks like. Many thanks. Mick

Hi mick, this is the back end of my 69 twin port, hope this helps. dave.
    Attached Files

Comment

griffon rear shocks

Thanks Dave. I can now sleep easier. Couln't understand why it was designed that way until i had a closer look at the images you sent. Only thing i can think of is for chain clearance/alignment with front sprocket. At least i can now send frame off for coating and get wheels rebuilt. Many thanks. Mick

Comment

Mick,

Just out of interest, quite a few Greeves models are offset in this way.

It has let to quite a bit of gloom and despondency from unsuspecting owners over the years!

Rob

Comment

Not just greeves rob, many makes were like this, obviously to allow for the chain drive, which, looking from behind made the shocks look a bit lop sided.
          A lot of manufactuers got round this by widening the opposite side to regain the symetrical line. but it is only cosmetic, so no real issues.

Comment

Working...
          X