mk1 & qub frames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk1 & qub frames.

Can anyone shed some light on the differences between twinport & qub frames, i believe that the fork rake was increased on the qub & the swing arm shock mounts were set back further than on the twinport, but i`m trying to identify a frame i have, are there any obvious differences or measurements i can check?
    Any help most welcome. dave.

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on the differences between twinport & qub frames, i believe that the fork rake was increased on the qub & the swing arm shock mounts were set back further than on the twinport, but i`m trying to identify a frame i have, are there any obvious differences or measurements i can check?
    Hi Dave.

What I can tell is that the fork stops were changed on the QUB, the mounting for the Motoplat coil by the steering head. The big changes were made in the forks yokes and moving the shock mounts to the rear of the swinging arm on the QUB, this increased the fork rake and lowered the overall height of the seat.

Somewhere on here I posted a pic of the different models showing the increase rake and the lowering of the back end of the QUB.

The Griffons had three different footrest assemblies. The last design the footrest were lowered, moved forward with a side stand added and the elimination of the keyring foot rest holder which was changed to a swivel type footrest holder.

On the very early frames you'll see a thread mount brazed above where the frame tubes join together in the swing arm pivot location...I'll post a pic if I can locate it.

Only the factory boys can tell us if the steering head was ever changed...I don't think it was. I prefer the early Ceriani fork yokes over the later yokes...Telesco and the newer longer Ceriani did not help me with turning for motocross but worked well for desert type events over here...and then there was the Metal Profiles fitted to USA Enduro models...that's another story!

Regards,
    Kenny

Comment

Thanks kenny, i just assumed the s/head was altered to change the angle, but like you say, altering the rear set up would have made a difference, still plenty of things to check, dave..

Comment

Dave first photo is very early Griffon footrest...you can see the top mount. Second pic is the second version. I'll have to to take a pic of the third.

Kenny
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks kenny, i just assumed the s/head was altered to change the angle, but like you say, altering the rear set up would have made a difference, still plenty of things to check, dave..
          Send us some pics of your frame in question. I can only go by what went through Nicholson Motors in the USA...which was very many!!

Regards
          Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X