MX1 Tank & mud guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX1 Tank & mud guards

Can anyone tell me the differance between the small 1964 MX1 tank and the small 1965 MX2 tank mine is in bad shape I am collecting the parts for a MX1 that I bought also the bike has the 19" front wheel I just bought the glass fenders on ebay dont know if the US bikes used the same for 19" and 21" but I like the looks of the glass unit (the adds and books show glass with 21" but all the period pics show no fender and 19" on US bikes in the desert) There is also some ? about color this photo shows blue not white in early 1965 any thoughts ? Best I can tell these are MX1s with small tanks ? the boys in the photo do look quite happy !!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by i like rocks; 02/12/2012, 11:07 PM.

MX1 tanks

The MX1 tank is a bit shorter than the MX2 and has depressions in the top at the front. They were, I believe ivory not white. They're difficult to find nowadays and I don't know if anyone is making them. The MX2 tank was very similar but not identical to the MX3, the ledge at the back was different.
    Bearingman will confirm but I think that the US models had 19" front wheels with alloy guards. The glass front guards would look a bit odd with the 19" wheel but it's your choice.
    I think the US models had a white airbox and blue tanks and I'm sure most, if not all, of the tanks were the big ones. The UK is such a small country we didn't need big tanks.

Druid

Comment

Working...
    X