Original Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another from my Greeves garage.

This is a 24MCS/2 which was imported from the US some time ago.
    I will restore this machine in the future.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another Hawkstone. This one is a 1960 model.
      I purchased this machine restored - a little over restored in my opinion but still nice to have.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Greeves

The latest addition to my Greeves shed.

A 380 Griffon fitted with the leading link forks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another Griffon

Another 250 Griffon that I have acquired. Not in bad condition but I will repaint the tank, swing arm and sidecovers with a more appropriate colour.
          Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bikes.

Hi Ross, My name is Stuart and I live in Adelaide, just been looking at the pictures of the 250 & 380 Griffon's you have (good looking bikes), I worked at Greeves between 1970-75 so the Griffon & Pathfinder were the bikes I was brought up on, I'm trying to find other Greeves owners, not getting much luck in SA, do you know any web site / clubs for Greeves owners in Australia? Its also hard to find any Greeves for sale here! its seems to be more word & mouth? Im after a 380 twin port Griffon if you know of one? How many Greeves have to got? its good to know that Greeves are in Australia (how many I don't know).

Good to talk to you. Stuart.

Comment

Hi Stuart ,

I was stiill working in the Comp Shop when you were there , when the bikes finished I helped start the Invacar repair shop .

Chris

Comment

Greeves Factory.

Hi Chris, was the comp shop and motorcycle development the same shop? Who did you work with? & what year was you there? as I can't remember all the guys names. I remember Bob & Ray in motorcycle development, (I bought my first car from Ray a mini with no reverse gear) and Dave Harper & Geoff from the engine shop, there was two guys in the drawing office, one with a
                E type & the other had a Marcus, but the guys in the Toolroom had old Fords etc (should have been a draftsman) I have now been living in Adelaide for 19 years, but we come back every other year (family & the mother land) I'm back next April/May so it would be great to catch up with some of the old Greeves employee's.

Cheers Stuart.

Comment

Thanks Stuart,

I have sent you a private message.

Cheers,

Ross

Comment

Latest acquisition

Another new Greeves for me.

A Greeves Griffon 250cc. It has been sitting for about 10 years since last used, but will be back out in competition use very soon.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by rarpos7; 22/09/2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Another one across the boarder

Hi Ross,
                      Another nice find mate, your have to tell me your secret on finding all these Greeves, or have I got to move to Victoria!! what does that take the total too? and how long before its ready to race? Still waiting to hear about my import permits for my 3 Greeves, should have them here by end of October with a bit of luck.

All the best
                      Stuart.

Comment

Another Greeves

Hi Stuart,

That takes the (current) total to 23 Greeves machines.
                        (30/03/2012. The total is now 28 Greeves)
                        (01/08/13. The total is now 31 Greeves)
                        (04/11/16. Total is now 34 Greeves)
                        I don't think that there is a secret to finding them.
                        They seem to come to me.

I am interested in seeing your machines when they finally land in OZ.

Cheers,
                        Last edited by rarpos7; 04/11/2016, 03:30 AM.

Comment

The next restoration

The next Greeves restoration to be started will be on this 24 MCS machine.
                          I will keep the forum up to date on the progress.

Does any member have a seat or seat base for sale for this model? It is one of the items I am missing.

08/02/2012
                          Restoration is underway with the MCS. Hopefully a current photo/s will attach. Still a fair way to go.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by rarpos7; 07/02/2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Greeves Hawkstone 1959

This Hawkstone does appear in another place on this site, but I thought it should be here with the other Greeves.
                            It has not long been restored, and now has an electronic ignition fitted.
                            This is fitted with the "Mayfield" exhaust.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rarpos7; 15/12/2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Hi Ross
                              The postman has just delivered my new greeves frame, tank and air box. It's a (TT Challenger 24MX5-E) dirt tracker, Apparently 1 of about 30 that were made only for the US market. The frame is almost complete just missing the 2 bottom rails that bolt between the alloy down tube and the footpeg mounting backet, and the engine mounting plates, I should be able to buy or make them, if I can get a sample to copy. I think I saw some of your collection down at Broadford at Easter 2010 up the top of the hill at Rod McDonalds camp. I was there with my 1966 Dot White Strength Scrambler.
                              Zane

Comment

Thanks Zane,
                                I did have 6 Greeves with me at the Easter Bonanza event, and they were where you said.

Your new machine sounds very interesting. I hope we will see it next Easter?

Cheers,

Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X