Ceriani fork springs length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceriani fork springs length

Hi. Whilst rebuilding my Ceriani forks I think the previous owner may have cut them down and fitted steel spacers under the top nut. I was going to leave out the spacers as they are not shown on the drawing I have.
    Does anyone know the correct spring length so I can check ?

You can't always go by the drawing , depending on the riders weight some bikes had spring spacers & some didn't .

I would be inclined to put the spacers in and then see if the forks are too stiff for you , if they are take the spacers out .

Chris

Comment

OK cheers, will put spacers back in and test

Comment

On my 380 I got replacement springs from Racetech in US - and guess what they were shorter than my originals - but they supplied a short plastic pipe to cut down to make spacers for the correct pre-load (bearing in mind rider weight/spring stiffness).................so Chris as always is spot on start with the spacers in - and then cut down or remove only if you think they are too stiff
        Cheers Kim
        p.s GRA membership is a great idea - for long term help for all of us Greeves nuts - cheap and easy to do if you havn't already got it sorted.

Comment

Hi, I am a GRA member but I cannot see how to put it under my name

Comment

Upgrading to GRA member

You dont, its done by Rob one of the moderators, you need to PM him to get upgraded

Comment

Upgrading is a problem at the moment because Rob is away helping G4R mess up security at the Olympics.

Also I think you need to use the contact email on the website.

Rob's the only one who can do upgrades, so please be patient.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
              X