Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceriani oil capacity for Griffons/Challengers etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceriani oil capacity for Griffons/Challengers etc.

Hi anyone know the correct oil capacity for the 35mm cerianis, as fitted to some of the griffons & challengers, 200ml rings a bell, thanks, dave.

Dave,
    I usually put 180cc of 20W in mine but I have also used 200cc.

If you remove the springs and compress the forks, 200cc brings the oil level to about 6" from the top.

I see that you are riding in the Dorset Scramble this Sunday, I will probably be there as a spectator. Will come and say hello!
    John A - 268

Comment

Thanks johnboy, spectator? whats going on!.., hopefully bringing my new secret weapon, to try out, be great if you can make it, regards, dave.

Comment

Good luck Sunday Dave, I hope you have as good a day as we did last this last Sunday. A really excellent meeting thanks to Dave Godley watering the track Saturday evening and early Sunday morning. From the forecast the weather could be ideal for you, or a right pain.
        Regarding fork oil quantities I don't think you are far away, "Hampshire Og" advised me to use 200ml then, with the bleed nuts undone, compress the forks once to expel any excess, then tighten. Job done! Strangely, I happen to have an empty bottle of wine, 187.5ml, that I use for just such and occasion. Mind you, I suspect that the viscocity of the liquid in question must also play a part somewhere. Now, do I go for Red wine or 'R'.
        But then again, with LL forks and rubber bushes, what do I know!

Comment

Hi adrian, you bought a bottle of wine that only holds 187.5ml!, & i thought i was tight!!!..
          As for the weather, rains fine for me, as it softens the ground, for when i hit it.., hopefully be a great day though.
          Whilst still on the subject of suspension, does anyone know or can recomend a company that can regas (nitrogen ) rear shocks, i have a set of works performance units, that the gas valve broke off.
          Its not going to be cheap, me thinks..

Comment

Works Performance Shocks

Dave,
            You could talk to Robin Packham of Falcon Shocks, Wareham. He is a member of the Dorset Classic Club and he should be riding at Damerham tomorrow (No:581).
            He refurbishes all sorts of rebuildable shocks and is not that expensive.
            If you brought your shocks with you tomorrow you might save some postage costs.
            John A - 268

Comment

Yes john, that was what i was hoping for, i`ll see you down there if you can make it. dave.

Comment

[QUOTE=dave higgins;11116]Hi adrian, you bought a bottle of wine that only holds 187.5ml!, & i thought i was tight!!!..

Yes Dave, unusual I know, but they didn't sell wine by the three litre box on the plane! It was a souveneir from our first mediteranean holiday in '97. I hold it in great affection and have kept it ever since. Strange how we hold on to such otherwise unimportant possessions. I'm sure I've still got my wife around somewhere too, bless her!

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                  Thanks johnboy, spectator? whats going on!.., hopefully bringing my new secret weapon, to try out, be great if you can make it, regards, dave.
                  Hi Dave,

What's the secret weapon then? Griff?

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

Hi andy, unfortunately it is not greeves based, but i did manage to pick up a 65 challenger rolling chassis last week, which i have been trying to get my hands on for a while.
                    Hopefully this will, over next winter, morph into a bsa/440/challenger, or maybe not, depends what engines are about.
                    How far off thread have we wanderd?, not far! mr moderator, not far! .

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                      Hi andy, unfortunately it is not greeves based, but i did manage to pick up a 65 challenger rolling chassis last week, which i have been trying to get my hands on for a while.
                      Hopefully this will, over next winter, morph into a bsa/440/challenger, or maybe not, depends what engines are about.
                      How far off thread have we wanderd?, not far! mr moderator, not far! .
                      Never mind the thread wandering! I'm intrigued as to what this secret weapon is! Just 'cos its not a Greeves, doesn't mean its not interesting. Personally, I like any off-road bikes so lets hear about it, but maybe in another thread before we're told off!

Cheers,
                      Andrew

Comment

Challenger 441 ?!

Work in progress.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that sort of flavour, but if thats your build, you might want to move the footpegs, so as not to impede the action of the kick start.
                          Motor looks good in there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr11mpy View Post
                            Work in progress.....
                            Lovely oil tank!

Comment

I'd made a conscious decision before the start of the project that this particular motor build wouldn't incorporate a kickstart assembly. I'll machine suitable blanking plugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X