No announcement yet.

QUB Questions-Exhaust and Side Panels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUB Questions-Exhaust and Side Panels.

G'day All,
    More help needed please! Thanks for your replies Re. motoplat ignition I have spark! Now I am trying to fit the exhaust system, as I said this was a basket case & the 380 engine was in a 250 frame. I was supplied with the correct black frame (63a) which is now all assembled. However the seat rails on the qub frame are lower than the 250 (58) frame, was this standard? This makes the exhaust pipe exit at a much lower point than all the pictures I can find suggest. Also even the side panels seem wrong, as these are in the gold flake colour I presume they are correct for a 380 QUB. If anyone can help with pictures or advice I would be most grateful. Can I send pictures?
    cheers Bryn in Aus

qub

hi there

the side panel on the exhaust side had a larger bulge on a qub than a twin port 380...the qub exhaust was larger diameter so needed a different side panel...the air box was different aswell for the same reason..

sorry but im not sure about the frame rails

regards

david

Comment

Originally posted by mudmonkey View Post
      hi there

the side panel on the exhaust side had a larger bulge on a qub than a twin port 380...the qub exhaust was larger diameter so needed a different side panel...the air box was different aswell for the same reason..

sorry but im not sure about the frame rails

regards

david
      Hi David,

All Griffon frames are pretty much the same, other than fork stops and foot rest changes. The QUB had one less DZUZ fastener on exhaust side for pipe clearance...the twin pipe 380 and 250 had three fasteners per side.

Regards,
      Kenny Sykes

Comment

G'day
        anyone have a picture or know of one on the net of black QUB 63 frame I can have look at? Also any pictures of QUB exhausts? I am reasonably sure the frame has not been altered but you can never be certain.
        Cheers Bryn in Aus

Comment

Here's the sales leaflet - might give some idea. Rob
          Attached Files

Comment

QUB Griffon

Rob,
            I stand to be corrected but your leaflet is for a M65, i.e. Mk2 QUB not a Mk1 QUB which is the M63.

Druid

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
              Rob,
              I stand to be corrected but your leaflet is for a M65, i.e. Mk2 QUB not a Mk1 QUB which is the M63.

Druid
              I agree as I,ve got a 63A.They keep selling an information card with a picture on Ebay from the USA

Comment

Info.

Hi Bava,

I'm pleased to see that you have found the forum and my fellow GRA members helpful with advice for your bike, both on this thread and the one you posted previously about ignitions.

Any chance you might be considering joining the GRA as a result? I ask as I'm wondering what the next snag in your rebuild may be and what help you will need in the future. I thought accessing help with stuff like this is the point of being in a club like the GRA.... Club membership is NOT the same as registering to use the forum!

Compared to the costs involved in restoring an old Greeves properly, surely the modest cost of club membership (and subsequent access/contact with our many members 'down under') is a very worthwhile investment to help with your project...? It works out about the same as a full tank of fuel in my Yamaha Fazer thousand (here in the UK anyway...), and that's gone in a couple of days commuting! It always saddens me that people are always prepared to spend good money on the bike, but seem to begrudge the cost of an inner tube to get access to all the info and contacts they need to source parts and services etc, not to mention recieving six copies a year of the best bike club magazine in publication today, unrestricted access to an excellent forum, regalia items, small ads, original Greeves factory drawings for parts fabrication/research, copies of original Greeves factory service instruction manuals and parts books, access to the original factory dispatch records and machine dating service, etc etc etc etc etc.

There is loads of help available in the club, and without the club and it's members we wouldn't have this forum. It's our subs that pays for all this...!!!

Go on, step up to the plate and do the right thing. You know you want to!

Brian.

PS And that goes for ALL the 'Basic Users' (more accurately known as 'GUESTS') registered on here as far as I'm concerned!
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 27/04/2012, 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelleeng!

Comment

Working...
                X