Dave Bickers sidecar outfit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Bickers sidecar outfit?

Just looking at this clip on youtube & found a few greeves bikes on show in the early part, also what appears to be a ccm sidecar outfit, ridden by dave bickers in 1975.
    This was at the sedbergh nostagia scramble.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbLwy...eature=related

Nice bikes spoilt a bit by jerky camera work. Did you see where the oil filter has been mounted on the Tri-Greeves....obviously never used on anything but tarmac.

Comment

Dave Bickers Outfit.

Wotcha Dave,

Good find mate, lots of nice bikes to see including a couple of very tidy looking Greeves (Scottish and Roadster.)

As to the Dave Bickers outfit, it's news to me. Can anyone else shed any light on it?

I recall DB doing a jump on an outfit (military style, standing in for Harrison Ford) in the film 'Hanover Street', but that's probably another thread...

Thanks for posting the link mate.

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 06/04/2012, 09:09 PM. Reason: Additional text.

Comment

Dave Bickers is a very good sidecar pilot , did well in trials & scrambles .

Still rides vintage outings with an outfit .

Chris

Comment

DB Correction.

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
          I recall DB doing a jump on an outfit (military style, standing in for Harrison Ford) in the film 'Hanover Street', but that's probably another thread...

Brian.
          Thanks for adding the above comments Chris.

I have to own up to everyone that in my previous post I got my films mixed up. It was Eddie Kidd who did the sidecar jump standing in for Harrison Ford in the film 'Hanover Street'....doh!

In fact, DB rode a Wasp outfit (disguised as a WWII German military type) in the film 'Escape to Athena' standing in for Elliott Gould! Have a look at this link for a great shot of DB getting some 'air' on the beast! I see what you mean Chris! + ;

Scroll down to the next pic on that link to see another shot of DB in a sidecar (dressed in drag!) standing in for the actress Eva Maria Saint in the film 'The Curse of King Tut's Tomb'.

Right Dave, you can have your thread back now mate....

Brian.

Comment

Dave Bickers Sidecar

DB did contest the 1975 British Sidecar Championship on a 630 CCM outfit with Rex Carrod in the chair.They were placed 18th overall.

If you're into sidecar scrambling you need to know about the John Davey Pages on Google. If you don't already know the John Davey Pages is a list of scrambles sidecar drivers/passengers and machines going back to the the pre war years showing the events they rode at various levels ie. local, national and international. Click on the specific year for details of that years riders.

You can spend a great deal of time trolling through the huge amount of data on the Pages picking out scrambles that you rode or attended in the past ..... nice to see it all recorded for posterity.

There are a number of Greeves outfits shown in the Pages from the early 1960's when riders were experimenting with them.

Peter

Comment

Working...
            X