Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawings for MX4 250 pipe wanted.

Originally posted by druid
    The club should have the fabrication drawings for this pipe [36MX4], (if they haven't I probably have). The only difficult bit was the 2 short front stubs which from memory were tapered starting at 10swg at one end 16swg the other. I think Greeves bought these short pipes in. You can get over the problem by rolling short cones.

Druid
    If a manufacturing drawing exists for a 24 MX4 exhaust exists, what would I need to do to get one? I will be using a Circle F chamber which has been recommended, but am curious as to the differences. Thank
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 04/04/2012, 08:18 PM.

Factory Drawings.

Hi Rick,

I've started a new thread for your query here, so it doesn't get lost in the other thread. The info may also be of use to other (especially newer) members.

For details on how to enquire if a factory drawing (or drawings) exists in the GRA archive and how to obtain copies, have a look at the 'Factory Drawings' advert in 'Leading Link'. You can find it here;

LL#162 - page 39.
    LL#163 - page 23.
    LL#164 - page 41. (current issue.)

Hope this helps.

Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by rickdowning View Post
      If a manufacturing drawing exists for a 24 MX4 exhaust exists, what would I need to do to get one? I will be using a Circle F chamber which has been recommended, but am curious as to the differences. Thank
      Hi Rick,

Found this pic of an MX4 sleeve bolt in 1966...check out the taper cones on the header portion of the pipe. Again Greeves did this type a thing in the day.

As you know Rick I use the Circle F pipe on my MX4 and I'm surprised the nice power it puts out.

Maybe Chris can tell us a little here??

Kenny
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X