Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenger sprocket/tyre questions

Hi,
    could anyone advise on challenger sprocket sizes at the moment i have Wheel 60, engine 21, gearbox 17 is this ok for motocross .
    Also advice on tyre selection for front 4.00.19, rear 4.00.18 would like biggest section to fit banannas
    Gone me Pete

With a 19 " front sounds like an American import, for a good front tyre you would be better of with a 21" rim Gearing sounds about right without looking in a manual.

Comment

Hi Pete.
      I ride a Mk2 Challenger and the sprockets are as follows.
      Engine sprocket 25, Clutch sprocket 54, Gearbox sprocket 15, Rear sprocket 70. Of course sprocket sizes are a matter of personal preference and ability. For me the ones I use are plenty fast enough and with my ability I am more concerned with getting up the steep hills that abound down here in the West country scramble courses, particularly if it is wet
      Chris.

Comment

Hi chris, happy new year to you, i think the gearing on your challenger must be spot on, i was following you around temple cloud circuit & you were as quick on the flat as you were on the hills, so if marley follows your advise, he should not be dissapointed.
        Hope to see you at a meeting soon, dave.

Comment

Challenger sprockets ect

Hi all,
          thanks for that i am still finding difficulty in getting tyres 4.00.18 are not made in S12 motocross neither do they do 4.00.19 in fact it would appear no one does any help would be good
          Gone me Pete

Comment

You need to look at metric sizes, I believe 100/100x18 is nearest to 4.00x18.
            John A - 268

Comment

Working...
            X